Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

Oh they are so delicate & beautiful! I love the shapes & the colours. They almost seem to glow. I can imagine these in a garden with the sun shining down on them to give them that glow. I like the way you have focused them too, A great job by all means. Serious eye candy :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

You guys never cease to amaze me...wow. just wow.

This is my most recent attempt at creating an earth-like planet from scratch. Biggest issue I'm having at the moment is clouds, so any tips in that area would be much appreciated.

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx228/pdnnoob/planet.png~original">http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx228/pdnnoob/planet.png~original

• Upvote 1

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks for the comments and rep points for my image guys but credit where credit due ... YM lifted it.

@ YM ... reminds me of my time in Amsterdam ... and people thought I went there for a different type of plant.
A superb piece mate. Brings to mind the tulip piece oma did all those years ago. Lets not forget the great lighting you've got going on ... not sure that fence is very user friendly tho'  :evillaugh: 

@ 'Noob ... it looks fine to me.  I think you've captured great movement with the clouds.  Looks pretty darned natural

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

The planet looks great to me too. Looks real! I like the glow & the shadow. If I'd have done a planet it would be the whole thing & no lighting at the top like you have which would have made it look pretty fake & lifeless. The way you have it is spot on. You have such a great eye for detail. Good on you. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's nothing wrong with dramatizing...dramatizing is for making stuff look better! :D

For example, if an object in space has no atmosphere, it has a sharp shadow. But how do we tend to shade our pictures of moons? With a blurred shadow of course! Blurred shadows, to us humans, looks better because that's what we're accustomed to on Earth.

Yes, I realize there isn't a moon in the picture. I'm just giving an example of dramatizing.

About the picture (and dramatizing it!), though:

The texture on the sun looks pinched at the top and bottom, probably because you used Shape3D to map it to a sphere. Rather than using S3D, try using the Lens distortion (I think it's built into paint.net), then cutting the distorted circle out (select it with elipse select, then press ctrl+i and delete to delete the unneeded parts)

• Upvote 2

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 4 weeks later...

Casually sticking this here also:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/182/4/0/solitary_by_drydareelin-d6bhfwn.png">http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/182/4/0/solitary_by_drydareelin-d6bhfwn.png

Unrealistic parts:

-Star spikes are only caused by the telescope. So unless you image this from a very far distance, you wouldn't get them.

..Other than that, I'd say I hit the realism pretty well.

Thanks for the video tut. I think I understood how I make screw threads. I had to bookmark your address with tutorials on YouTube - PDNing's channel. I hope to learn as much from a master like you.

You have a very clever way of doing things!

LE:

I'm wrong or screw direction is reversed for your bolts?

My trying to 10 min.:

i7Iu95u.png

And my bulb based on your tut:

FWCKlp8.png

Edited by klaxxon
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...