Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

I hate to ask you this but how would I fix the shadows, or does anyone have and references to shadow techniques?

I like your image but to me the further elbow looks like ... out of shape im not sure how to explain it. Maybe its just me, but i feel like its missing some thing :/

• 4 weeks later...

Skullbonz,

That's really quite good. The only thing I can see that throws it off would be the reflections of the beer bottle and napkin holder. They should be going straight down and fading out toward the bottom. As it is, it looks like the reflections are flying off the table while the objects themselves remain stationary.

Other than that, the lighting is great and the wood texture on the wall is superb. Nicely done.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really nice spacescape! I'd give the foreground planet some (visible) curvature to give it some movement. As it is, it doesn't draw the eye any which way, so it looks out of place and distracting.

Also, (and you probably know this already) there is a visible seam-looking-thing on the glow from the stars that has the same issue.

Otherwise, I'd definitely put this spacescape up by Goonfella's space art!

• 2 weeks later...

@Barbieq25: Thank you very much ^^ The colours on this are really unique for me; everything else is either dramatic-white or blue :P

@pdnnoob: Thank you :) The foreground (or close-up) planet does have some curvature. Basically I just put an extremely large elliptical selection, then pressed delete. I probably should have made it smaller in that sense. if the mean the spikes from the stars, I know that are entirely unrealistic in proper space pictures but they are in every space photograph -(captured by the light refracting off the telescope frame)- and I actually think they improve the images, although maybe not for my art :) Thank you!

Edit: Some randomly large gap was between "pressed" and "delete"...

Edited by Drydareelin
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...