Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

undersea_pt.jpg

Large version on my Da: http://madjikf59.deviantart.com/#/d3erq1f

100% PDN, I just took the time to find the correct settings with Shape3D, and also I (start to) learn more on realistic lighting/shadowing with this work. Of course I'm not so good at drawing a fish... Initialy I'm a programmer!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

About 6 or 7 weeks ago I put a placeholder in my gallery stating 'Under Construction' - this was something that I though might take a few days, perhaps a week.

metro_ireland___wip_by_cjmcguinness-d41bdkw.png

A subway map is something I've wanted to do for a long time and I decided to go for something fictional, so started producing a map that would cover all of Ireland - many sleepless nights ensued and work was scrapped and started over (and over) again. Finally a concept started coming together that fit in with other famous subway maps and after, literally, weeks of plotting places on maps, moving them, changing line directions, etc, I settled on a finished diagram.

I just threw a logo and a line-key on, so it is still work in progress: I hope to flesh it out and make it more of a recognisable map poster, that looks somewhat official.

This has been, by far, the piece of artwork that has taken me the longest - and, to be honest, it was a great exercise in patience, but I don't think the final result will quite be worth the time spent - in fact, I may call it a day as it is.

-CJ

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

CJ, it is often the things that look simple that are not. I think this is one of those. I really like what you have done here. What I like aside from the lines with the circles (I really like those shapes & have often thought about circuit boards etc as art) is the irregular background that is lifted slightly off the page. The colours work really well too. The logo is a good one - clean & to the point. Well done. I don't know what else you had in mind but to me it looks great!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

This is something I made for my youthgroup called "Relevant". I used ptuZ's Graffiti tutorial (Found here: ), so this wasn't all that hard or impressive, but I'm pretty new to Paint.NET and I like it. I'm not exactly sure what umbrella this goes in, but I'm putting it here. I didn't make the wall, I found it on google images (Do I have to put a link?). This is also my first ever umbrella post and my first comment :D

relevant.png

captainamericasigs.png
Do Pacifists Sig Battle?
My Gallery

• 1 month later...