Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

I agree :)
I just say that because it seems that that is all we ever see in this thread... no offense to everyone in here. :(
-- motion blurs? --
Yup, and everything else, pretty much... :D

Thanks for the comment. :mrgreen:

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Yeah no prob, and no - I take no offense at the fact that most of the 'realistic pics' I posted aren't very realistic. Though I guess - this thread is a 'It's supposed to be a realistic pic' thread -- so it makes sense people still post stuff in here.

Wither and Expired have posted some pretty realistic stuff in here :shock:

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

The perspective is slightly wrong, remember that there is an viewers eye. What you have isn't realistic central perspective because you don't have an imaginary vanishing point, what you have is called the keystone effect.

I understand that the perspective is off, but the 'keystoning' you see is an illusion created by the positioning of the highlights. The bars are the same width at the top and bottom... :D

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

The perspective is slightly wrong, remember that there is an viewers eye. What you have isn't realistic central perspective because you don't have an imaginary vanishing point, what you have is called the keystone effect.

I understand that the perspective is off, but the 'keystoning' you see is an illusion created by the positioning of the highlights. The bars are the same width at the top and bottom... :D

Let me have a guess you only did one bar and copied and stretched it twice?

Good job very realistic hands. Awesome job. Great indeed

th_swordbackground-1.jpg

Programs used 90% Paint.net , The fractals were done in Apophysis

Well, many thanks, but I think it is realistic only at a quick glance (and they are only fingers, I wish I could draw an entire hand! But never say never, who knows? :wink: )

Very nice sword indeed!

:shock: Wow, those fingers are really realistic!! You could add more tone and shadows under the fingers.

Keep up the good work!

:D Thanks, yeah I know I think I should restart from scratch and try to give also some different movement to each finger (right now they look like frozen sticks :D)

[ My first post, using PDN for about 6 months :P ] Well it is if you don't count the one I deleted accidentally in this very topic...

I know the moon looks very un-realistic, but it was one of my first pictures.

nights_img.png

signame.png

Welcome to the forums! :D the pictue looks good- you said the moon doesn't look too realistic. I think you could fix that by giving it a bit of texture. The stars looks good, though! :D

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Um, I don't know if posting in here for your first post is frowned upon or something, but I made this using the 3D render plugin and some other bloody potato. The only thing not original are the words (not the paper), which came from The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Book_And_Candle.png

I think the lighting is a tad off, though.

Very, very cool picture! I think the flame looks great (it just needs some kind of blurring effect) - I don't really find a fault in the lighting - it looks correct.

The only things I would adjust are the letters on the paper - I think they should be stretched or skewed in some way, so that they look more 3Dish - right now they just sit in front of your eyes.

I dunno, just my thoughts -- great job!

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

Um, I don't know if posting in here for your first post is frowned upon or something, but I made this using the 3D render plugin and some other bloody potato. The only thing not original are the words (not the paper), which came from The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.

th_Book_And_Candle.png

I think the lighting is a tad off, though.

Really lovely candlelight picture, like the choose of text too, very good!

My 3d homework, but I did not work much on the background (just the essential to give a scenery for the pen) but I am quite happy with this outcome (I think I just have to adjust the color a bit, less yellowish, more golden)

Ciao ciao

penna2.jpg

My 3d homework, but I did not work much on the background (just the essential to give a scenery for the pen) but I am quite happy with this outcome (I think I just have to adjust the color a bit, less yellowish, more golden)

Ciao ciao

penna2.jpg

Great job on both the fingers and the pen. Very awesome!!! :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I take it the others are pointing out that the page curl, well is pulling up all of the sticky notes at once.... but not...?

Also - the pen tip isn't at the same angle as the pen - in my opinion it looks curved off (Maybe rotate it -10 degrees or so.

Great, job, however, overall, I like the concept.

Now try making the part that clips to pockets/whatver (I dunno what to call it) -- be 3d as well - from that perspective it seems to be part of the pen itself!

Again - very good first attempt - keep expanding!

Nab