Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

I made a Henry Stamp. What is a Henry Stamp, you ask? I have no idea :lol::lol: . It started off as a signature and just turned into a stamp.

Now I would have to say thats really cool great job also

desertcrashsig.gif

Captain need more power. Are more PDN hehe

That looks amazing. The pencil looks a little fat though. And just for a nice effect, it would be nice to have a simple gradient going on in the background. Besides those little things, everything looks great!

I have recently become very interested in the Displacement plug-in. I decided to create a waving flag from a flat, non-waving flag. (I found the flag here: http://www.thegio.net/kazakhstan/american-flag.jpg.)

I used a Ps tutorial for this flag that BarkBark recommended. The tutorial can be found here: http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/displacement/

Before:

flag2.png

After:

flag.png

drew-10.png

Very well done! I was tring to do the exact same thing earlier, and you copied the video presentation very, very well!!

Now I need to do it :P

Very good job on this one man.

EDIT: Any chance I could take a look at the mask? I'm kind of lost there :lol:

EDIT 2: Alright, I think I'm starting to get a better hang of how this stuff works:

nabflag1pn8.png

I'm going to experiment with making these follow J2K's 3d tut -- should be a cool effect!

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Thanks for all the comments on the pencil. I'll work on it and make it look completely realistic.

The flag looks good, Drew. Now just attach a rope to it and run it up a flag pole.

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

3DAmericanflag2.png

I took Drew's flag, did a black angled outline on another layer, then did a tiny white angled outline on another, to make it look separate. Does it look good?

Edit: To answer my own question: No, it doesn't. I fixed the edges in a bit of a hurry, so they look like bloody potato. It takes a while to get anti-alias on the right settings. :? This was more of a concept than a piece of art, though.

I suppose this Fireballl can be in the collection.

2504892085_0a264fcc1a.jpg

:lol:

Let me see... Very rough clouds, curves, and a zoom blur?

Edit: I changed some stuff on it, just to see if I could, and it ended up looking not-so-bad.

Imagefixedforhiderhaymane.png

Here's what I did:

1) Use Shape3D on a duplicate layer of the background (original), and get a sphere. We're going for a fireball here, remember.

2) Duplicated the Shape3D layer twice, put one on Overlay blending mode and put the other on Color Burn blending mode. I did a few other minor things, but nothing too big.

It is certainly a project worth continuing, topezia! I'm looking forward to seeing the final project! :D

Thanks ZizOiz, I know it is a bit simple and may be trite but I'll go on then, thanks for the support :D

Ciao ciao

Topezia, nice image!! i like how the water looks really realistic and it seems as if the waves are coming towards you. The boats in the background are really good too! Definitely a project worth completing! :D

I didn't know where else to post this, but since it looks pretty realistic, i posted here.

My try on a Gold Text tut for PS, on PDN (the tut: Gold Text)

GOLDTEXT.png

I think it turned out good, but not as good as the one in the tut though. :mrgreen:

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Holy -- dang - that is REALLY good text you have going on there my friend... Amazing job! You did great on the highlights and everything. The only thing you might want to pay attention to is the fact that it's a tad blurry. Just a little bit.

Great job otherwise - you need to make a HUGE version of it! (I love rediculously big pics)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Nice job LFC, as Nab mentioned, it is pretty blurry. But other than that, it's great.

I tried to duplicate that effect a long time ago, but I never got around to posting it ...

On a side note, I see so many people translating PSDTut tutorials to PDN. It's like ... a new trend.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Holy -- dang - that is REALLY good text you have going on there my friend... Amazing job! You did great on the highlights and everything. The only thing you might want to pay attention to is the fact that it's a tad blurry. Just a little bit.

Great job otherwise - you need to make a HUGE version of it! (I love rediculously big pics)

Thanks!

Nice job LFC, as Nab mentioned, it is pretty blurry. But other than that, it's great.

I tried to duplicate that effect a long time ago, but I never got around to posting it ...

On a side note, I see so many people translating PSDTut tutorials to PDN. It's like ... a new trend.

Thanks! PSD tuts to PDN does seem to be the new trend, and i think you started it...

Anyway, here's the non-blurry improved version:

th_GOLDTEXT-1.png

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Anyway, here's the non-blurry improved version:

th_GOLDTEXT-1.png

Wow! Much better!

Finally dug up my old try ... not quite as good as yours though IMO. Added the original for comparison.

GoldTest.png

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Well I like it Expiration. Your's is pretty great LFC4EVER.

tourist love the pencil. Wish I had time to try one right now and the lettering too LFC.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE