Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@ BoltBait I appreciate the opportunity to have the honor of being in the Galleria. I hope that this image rises to the quality of the others found there.

The only issue I see now is that some of the reflections are slightly wrong. Remember, a reflection should flow in a direct line between the object and the observer's eye. So the reflection of the vase (on the right) on the floor should be skewed slightly to the left. Also, the bottom corners of the new window frame should flow in the same direction as the floor tiles.

Other than those issues... Looks awesome!

Thanks ! I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I start my vacation on Saturday (Woo Hoo !). Whew ! I just had a little scare. I went to open the image and got a nasty error about the file being corrupt because it had been saved with a newer version. I was working on a new abstract at the time that was very render heavy and that must have been the problem. I lost the abstract, but the image opened after I closed PdN and restarted. GASP !

Thanks for the suggestion !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@ Possum' that's looking awesome. I love the curtains they look great ... and the textures and most of the the image ...

... The only issue I can see is spiders I hate them

Thanks ! It's been a fun image to work on. To be honest, I'm not fond of most spiders, but there are some that are pretty cool. We have these little black jumping spiders that are all furry and have the brightest green eyes. They have yellow and white spots on them that really glow. I would love to have a little robot spider with a camera in it. That would be really cool. Oh well, I digress... I think I'm done with it. Time to move on to something else. I have shown this image to a couple of friends who are now new converts to PdN. :D

TheChamberSmall.png

@ Possum' that's looking awesome. I love the curtains they look great ... and the textures and most of the the image ...

Thanks ! It's been a fun image to work on. To be honest, I'm not fond of most spiders, but there are some that are pretty cool. We have these little black jumping spiders that are all furry and have the brightest green eyes. They have yellow and white spots on them that really glow. I would love to have a little robot spider with a camera in it. That would be really cool. Oh well, I digress... I think I'm done with it. Time to move on to something else. I have shown this image to a couple of friends who are now new converts to PdN. :D

TheChamberSmall.png

TheChamberSmall.png

There are still some parts bugging me, but since it's posted to the galleria already, I'll keep em to myself. :?

I'll try to push your limits on the next one, I know you can do better.

Me too. I could go on and on about what I don't like about it. But at some point I find the need to call it done. I do hope I can do better, but I know that to do so, I have to "get" better. There are so many things I don't understand. (...about everything...) I have so much to learn. Sigh.....there just aren't enough tomorrows.....

possum roadkill that's an excellent image glad its in the main gallery. very very well done.

this one has been a slow slow process. Teach me to take on a difficult one when I'm a bit under the weather. :lol::lol::lol: thumb here larger image on pg 48 of my gallery. Notice I worked in those pink elephants for you know who. :lol::lol::lol:

th_submit.png

when I said what goes around comes around I meant " inspiration was a picture of a gold elephant statue, and I drew it on paper, then colored it in with paint. net and at the end it was a gold elephant statue.""

right back where it started out again, full circle.

ciao OMA

@possum

Love your fantasy scene. I agree with others, those curtains are brilliant, and I love your background setting.

Unfortunately, while your spiders are good, I am a real aracnaphobe (6 legs no problem, 8 legs and I'm blubber).

@Oma

I have been away since you started your elephant. When I saw your initial sketches I didn't think I would like it. Since you turned her gold, you converted me. She's lovely.

@welsh blue

See what you mean about your drink, not up to your usual standard. I look forward to seeing the revised version, hopefully good enough to drink

@Oma

I have been away since you started your elephant. When I saw your initial sketches I didn't think I would like it. Since you turned her gold, you converted me. She's lovely.

thanks you. glad you liked it after all. the colorization may look wonky as I had to make sure there was enough contrast each stage to get the gold shine I was going for as the end project. Each colorization addition I had to check when the the image was done in gold it would turn up properly, color combos are not as I would do if left in colored version. Actual elephant skin would be darker but this did not lend itself to gold too well. Add to that it required everything have texture, so some items look odd.

Generally when I receive a comment from someone I judge merit and weight by looking at their gallery. Can not seem to find one for you?

ciao OMA

Wow oma, a happy elephant from a great happy artist, I said it and I will say it again here I love the gold effect, the texture of the head and legs is just awesome, excellent perspective, I never miss this magic touch from your hands, well done.

@Boude, you're kidding right?, but who made your sig? looks really nice and I like it, the lava lamp looks good but how do you turn it on and off, or may be it is on the other side :).

I just made these gold coins with PDN, hope you will like it:

th_obamaB600.png

_____Stock used_____

th_obamabarak-1.png

Yeah HELEN I just saw your image in your gallery and commented there, started with big wow :lol: that's really fantastic piece, I love it.

Thanks for your comment on the Coins well I used the Rotate/Zoom and the Motion Blur with DropShadow plugins, it was just normal colors but I was lucky when I played with the Curves+ plugin, it just turned it to a gold effect like that :D .

@Yellowman: Thanks, I forgot about the switch and you're kidding about my sig right, I think the "step in the colorfull circle of life" is too small and it needs a border, but thanks. :D

@OMA: Thank you, I'm currently working on a new version.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

@Boude, nop not, I am not kidding, I said it before and say it again I like people when they create their own objects for the project ( using their mind) to create something from scratch...!And whats wrong with your sig ? I like it and many here they can't get like this effect with S3D...! but you did, keep up. Have you ever seen my sigs? Some of them are really -funny in term of so simple- but I still posted them in my gallery,