Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@Onemorelevel that is great man like it

@AFG the foreground on that is amazingly realistic. The mountains could use some contrasting colors though but it still amazing. Maybe you could make some grey show through?

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

@ Nemo : , as for giving Welsh competition you will know from the other forum we feed of each others idea's :)

Is true. You can't beat bouncing ideas off of each other. I've learnt a lot that way ... as for competition; we should all be helping each other instead of wanting to be better than ... :wink: Nice job AFG :D

And nice compilation of your stuff onemorelevel. A few things not right, but I'm sure you know what they are :wink:

truer words have not been spoken. I myself have learned more by trying to help others solve a problem than going it alone. ie: thatch roof made me think outside the box :wink:

as for competition; we should all be helping each other instead of wanting to be better than ... :wink: :

i agree with that i just meant keeping on your toes for thinking of new ideas because lord knows we all run out of them at some point.

Anywho..here is a update, i have decided to call it "the unborn", if you look youl notice it looks like a sonagram of a baby fetus (kind of.. :) )

f09stv.png

Utilize constructive criticism. Being mean is not welcome or tolerated.

- Try for criticism that's more helpful than "looks good" - say why.

Nemo and i pm each other so much that i normally keep my criticism to the personal messages :P Plus i don't think he needs to add anything to it that is why i said it looks awesome and didn't criticize it. No need to lecture me :roll:

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

@ A Fleeting Glimpse, Beautiful landscape. I saw your others in your gallery, stunning. Very nice.

Hey possum? Are you using alpha displacement for that? Mind telling me how you get the texture to go over it?
im not 100% but perhaps look at YM's when the penguins left tutorial/picture, im prety sure thats how Possum did it *scratches head*

Sorry for the late response ! Yes that is alpha displacement. After seeing Yellowman's tutorial it gave me a lot of ideas on new textures and it lended itself to the mountainous texture that I was looking for. I have been wanting to do something different, something realistic but with the feel of a painted image. Yellowman's texture was the inspiration for the mountain landscape and this image. This is a mix of space, fantasy, and landscape. It was inspired by the works of Roger Dean. He is the artist who did many of the Yes albums.

The Exodus

Exodus.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

How do you apply the texture to it though?

I'm not sure I understand your question. The effect Yellowman came up with is the texture. A lot of what comes out of it is what you start with. Is that what you mean? In this case the clouds are the basis of what creates the base image. There are several things you can do to get the final texture that is created by the alpha displacement. It also depends on how many times you repeat the alpha displacement tool. Check out his tut and you will start to understand. Get the basic idea first, and then on your next image try some other effects to the base clouds before you do the alpha displacement.

Yeah, I know, but this new version is kinda screwing with me. But whatever..

About the glow, I think i shoudn't even put it in the work. About the background, I've wanted to do that "Galaxy thing", tutorial by Sharp (i forgot the name :lol: ), but I cannot do it! :evil:

"So give me reason to prove me wrong, to wash this memory clean

Let the floods cross the distance in your eyes across this new divide"

ramzo.gif

@ theonlychad, Great job on the paintbrush. Very realistic. Nice job on the wood texture.

@ Croat, Nice planet texture. I like the atmospheric glow around it. I would leave it in. You do need to work on the star field however. There are a couple of really great tuts on doing a spacescape and you should also look at Goonfella's work.

@ Yellowman, That is amazing. So realistic. I agree with Welshblue, it does look like a foam roller. It looks new too ! I have a bathroom that needs painting, can I borrow that for a while? :lol:

Something funny about the planet. Is the a thing on the planet or is that a crack in the planet? If it's a crack in the planet, it looks like the shading is wrong. If it's something flowing out of the planet and across the surface then it's ok.

It's almost October and for me that means pumpkins and Halloween! Just feeling a little goofy !

PumpkinPatch.png

This is intended to be more of a cartoon-ish style as in the other alien images I have done.