Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

Real parents are those people who looked after you rather than those who caused your existence :D - as told to me by my Godfather's daughter many years after they adopted her when she was a few months old. :D

Glad we have art for expression :D

Nice concept piece.  Eye catching and well made.  Nice touch with the 2 lines.

One small box looks a bit out of place tho' ?  The one by the big one in the front ... but that could be my brain not interpreting it right

@Barbieq25: Thank you :D He did really like it!

@Welshblue: You know..I've never noticed that before. That's going to really bug me but I'll try and leave it be.

Also, there's actually a very faint 3rd line going across the bottom to make a 'shifted' triangle :)

Dryda, I thought that line was meant to be there. I think it does need to be in there because I just love triangles :D I like all of the squares the way they are. Kinda in-your-face but not?? Hard to explain but they demand attention while the blurred ones kinda draw it back again.

Here is my abstract offering:

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/MyParisHat_zps792572bf.png">http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/MyParisHat_zps792572bf.png

Inspiration & original artist - http://www.robinstreetmarket.com/uploads/photos/australia/leene_aavik/paris_hat_red.jpg  

The lines were supposed to be there, I meant the random small box to the right of the main one :)

For your most recent piece, the colours and shading are spot on, I love it! As well as the small parts of transparency on the main face :) Good job!

@ Barbie ... love it.  Still the same as I wrote in your gallery ...

@ YM ... how's about calling it Inner Workings ... or better still - Fantastic.  Awesome piece mate.  Using Droste is another touch of your genius.

BTW ... wrong umbrella.  If this isn't realism ... 

Ach...your picture is making my head hurt, yellowman D: Nice work!

sb2fyr.png

Thought I'd go a little farther with my avatar.

Edited by pdnnoob
  • Upvote 1

Top work pdnnoob B) how did you get that effect? multiple layers on S3D ? great image sir.

Edit: Great set of cogs yellowman, another perfect creation :)

Edited by DrewDale

@ Daniels and NN ... nice pieces ... you've made me want to do an abstract

@ Xhin ... something crazy, something peaceful ... somewhat rude to disregard those above you

Yep, I'm a grumpy old man but common courtesy costs nothing in a community as small as this (and if that's seen as abrasive ... I make no apologies for who I am)

Edited by welshblue
  • Upvote 1

I like the colours Daniels used since it gives the feeling of energy (frenetic)  but then NiteNurse's also has an energy but in a different way (like it hums quietly). Both are very nicely done.

Xhin, lovely works appalling manners. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks so much david, and great to see you posting again.

It is actually 100% PDN, all cogs made basiclly using these 2 tutorial, then playing with Droste and some other plugins and effects.

I trying for long time to make a text version of the first method, but lack of time is the problem. :)

• Upvote 1

Nice works from Daniels, Nitenurse and Xhin, very creative from you all. Have to agree with others @Xhin - Good manners cost nothing ;)

Here is something that I think may fit as an abstract, (Reason - I don't know what I made :lol: )

something.png

:evillaugh: "Reason - i don't know what I made"  Love it

It's a lump of metal my wife's going to chuck at your head for giving me that toy to play with ;)  She's fed up of it now

That's cool mate.  I really like the way the diamond has that sense of depth to it

• Upvote 1