Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

a little something i made

got a little bored

Nice colors and good swirl effect. I like how the red part looks. Do you mind if I make a suggestion? If you work with the circular text plugin a little more you can get the text to be more circular around your spiral. You might even play around with some of the other plugins that come with the circle text and see what you can do with it. For just doing something while being bored, it's pretty cool.

yeah thanks for the suggestion.

i actually got the circular text just now, and the text

is looking MUCH better. thanks man!

Just a couple of things ive made while messing around.

Its kinda my first post so i just wanna try it out.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2262/onegitive.jpg

Messed around with Hue\Saturation to get this one.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6302/onegitive4.jpg

Just a couple of things ive made while messing around.

Its kinda my first post so i just wanna try it out.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2262/onegitive.jpg

Messed around with Hue\Saturation to get this one.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6302/onegitive4.jpg

Those are really very nice abstract images. I like the second one myself, but the first one is quite nice as well. Maybe you could make a copy of them and resize the copies so you can post them on the forum? I would really like to know more information on how you did the second one. It reminds me of an ink drawing I saw the other day.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

For Possum, Here are the images re-sized a bit.

onegitive.jpg

onegitive4.jpg

Possum: Well the basic image i don't quite remember every step in making the image but i know i used Random Shape fill and used random colors. Then i used Sharpen at the highest setting and Glow to add a slight glow.Then i did a slight Gaussian Blur + with the Blend Mode set to Xor. It's REALLY funny you ask how the second Images "ink" Effect was made because honestly, i was just messing around with Curves+.

The only thing i know is that Image 2 is the same image as image one (in case you didn't notice) but i went to adjustments->Curves+ -> then in the scroll down menu i went to advanced and messed with the In -> Out settings untill i got that effect.

Im sorry i cant really go in depth on how it was made because trust me, I'm mad that i can't figure it out either :?

Hope that helps a little bit.

@ Possum Roadkill: when i posted it, i was using my itouch, and i could not find the right link.

Great job mayor, very cool texture!

Understood. I somehow ended up on the mobile version of my photobucket and couldn't figure out anything! I finally found the button that took me back to my regular albums. Whew!

Hey possum did you get how to make that picture i posted about a week ago?

Yes, thank you! I have not had a chance to try it out yet. That is such a cool looking image. If you should figure out how you did it in a step by step method, I think this deserves to be a tut.

Hey possum did you get how to make that picture i posted about a week ago?

Yes, thank you! I have not had a chance to try it out yet. That is such a cool looking image. If you should figure out how you did it in a step by step method, I think this deserves to be a tut.

As you've requested Possum, im making a tut for this :D

the only problem is i have no idea what to name it hahaa

any suggestions?

how do you post pics???? im kinda new here lol :lol:

What Welsh Blue said, and I highly recommend Photobucket. I have been very happy with their service. One time when I had problems, I actually heard from a real person and not some form email letter. Good luck, let me know if you need any help.

Superferd, your image reminds me of material that is being dyed & is too wet causing bleeding. Fun to watch :lol:

I like the cross hatching. :D

We're supposed to give in-depth critique, yes? Damn, I'm all worded out.

The colours, I like too. Nice contrasts. What I don't like is the bit in the middle. Polar Inversion? No, not slaggin it off, just need to be careful using it. If all else fails, hide it with another image or move the layer. This sometimes gives really good results.

7/10.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Try to use polar inversion with other effects to disguise it better. make the viewer think about what effects were used, instead of being able to know right of the bat. i dont want to be a hypocrite, but theres my two cents worth.

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

Im not a Fan of too abstract things cause it look like superferd just made some random effects... and even tho its abstract it dosent have to be chaos :| thats why i love Barbieq25's abstract thingys :)

Me too !

@ Mayor, I like the blue better as well. I like the color purple, but I think it would have looked better if it had been a deeper purple.