Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

@janettsue & topezia:

The program I used is Apophysis. PM me and I'll send details. Too lengthy to post here. The coloring is controllable within the program but can be edited in pdn. I use pdn exclusively for post production details, all editing, slicing and dicing is done with pdn. Did my sig and avatar this way. Click "My DA Gallery" below my sig to see more.

Anyway, let me know.

Heh, looks interesting, but you might want to turn :AntiAliasingOn: to :AntiAliasingOff: when drawing the lines.

Or you can turn the bucket fill tolerance up, so you avoid the white between your lines and the fill.

i was going for a choppy feel, to portray urgency and motion but thanks for the input!

tried touching it upp a bit, but ya i dont have much time and last night i was real tired

heres the newoneflintti3.jpg

@oma:oh my god, it's beautiful, looks like a flooded ice cave, I'm currently in need of a lot of inspiration and if I can't find it in the picture I won't find it anywhere.

theuntitle6467.jpg

I haven't given it a title, and it's just something I whipped up with a rather vague sense of direction. My intention was a feeling of loneliness. Perhaps it could be called 'The Lonely Rainbow'.. I don't know, haha.

Oma: Marvelous. I feel a very soothing solitude when looking at this picture.

Janettsue: Quite lovely, very Christmas-like. The stars remind me almost of holly.

Down: It seems to be a good start, but in my opinion it needs something more. It reminds me of those gray camo pants.

Down/Janettsue: Thanks, and yes, the twist wasn't my greastest choice as I look back at it..

I made this when i was making a signature for a different forums. It was for a background.

I really wish I would have saved the steps I used to make this, so i can recreate it but with different colors, and different effects and such. :(

WeirdBackground.jpg

Edit: I also forgot to say, I know its a jpeg. I really wish I would have known PNG was a better way to save my stuff. D:

Im such a nub.

Very cool. Looks like multiple layers of an angled gradient with twist and blend modes.

Shouldn't be too hard to recreate. :D

~<3

Thanks King ... but if you look closely you'll see the edges are bad as in bad :D :wink:

It wouldn't be me if I didn't do the same piece indulging my wood fetish :oops:

th_woodsquares.png

Hooray for wood!

Did you make the wood by gaussian blurring gaussian blurs and then sharpening? Or another method? Looks very good.

Hooray for wood!

Did you make the wood by gaussian blurring gaussian blurs and then sharpening? Or another method? Looks very good.

Thanks Nabster ... Yep I like wood - it keeps my family fed and money in the bank :lol:

The only blurs on that image ^^^ is the zoom blur from the blocks.

Wood textures are done this way

Hidden Content:
Thanks Kemaru

The wood effect is months of playing around with Drakaan's Wood Tutorial and making a few lil' tweaks to it.

If you'd like a mini-tut PM me and I'll put one together (as can anyone else) ... you'll need the Height Field to Normal Map plug-in.Click If enough people want it I'll put together a tut for the Tutorial section (As the glass one I promised may be some time :roll: ) and I'd like to give something back for all the great tutorials that have helped me over the months

Ah... ok - because I've noticed in certain situations that if you blur something that was just blurred, you can create wood-like textures. I've been trying to recreate the effect to demonstrate but I can't figure it out. :oops:

As usual, some excellent images above this post. Too many to name everyone 8)

squares2abstract.png

WOW!!

This must have taken some time to create - Awesome work welshblue!!! 8)

To bad we can't just post a small image right from our computer to a forum page- Oh well here are a couple abstracts I did up with PDN. They are Apophysis fractals maniped with PDN only, turned out kinda neat :D

Click on the image to make it larger.

http://amazeme.deviantart.com/art/Image-3-107251265

http://amazeme.deviantart.com/art/Displaced-107251019

Thanks AmazeMe ... creation time was about an hour ... making a quick shiney render and using Colour Tint/ Colour Balance and Transparency, also a few distorts to try and get every 'square' different.

I like the colours in your Displaced piece :D

Wow! That's beautiful! I love it! How did you do the flower/butterfly things? (I'm still trying to figure out whether they're flowers or butterflies, but whatever they are they're awesome! :) )