Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

@Possum: Thats really awesome, you have a that oily effect down dont you? :)

I think it might be my hair conditioner or all that greasy fried food.

Dont ask.. :lol:

About what? :lol: Really, I like your image. I don't think it needs any color. Just for fun, try using the invert colors command and then use the zoom blur or the splinter blur on it.

@ Frontcannon, that is absolutely beautiful. WOW !

@ Oma, Oh wow that is incredible! The colors are beautiful.

I did this last week just goofing around with the seismograph and other things.

Sonic Boom

SonicBoom.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thanks Yellowman :P

@ Possum Roadkill , you always come up with something amazing ..You inspire me :wink:

@ Sam567 , let me guess Polar Inversion ?? :lol:

@FrontCannon , I love that Christmas star . Beautiful :D

@ Oma I commented in you Gallery . Awesomely awesome , I'm making up words now :lol:

@ Possum Roadkill , playing around huh ?? Nice outcome , I've been doing the same but I'm hitting a roadblock right now ..

Wow. Very good job on the star. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Possum love that use of semograph. its something not too many people use. something to experiment now using that plugin would be a combination using alpa displacement and rotate/tilt. You can get some real wild shapes and images.

axel that's a magnificent image. looks like magic smoke. did you make your own brushes?

here is one that I finally finished

"Textures just a matter of time"

larger size is in my gallery

th_Textureamatteroftime.png

ciao OMA

That's beautiful Axle , not to worry I wont ask you for a tutorial , couldn't even if I wanted I don't have brushes :lol:

You must try the brushes ! I still have the original Draw with Custom Brushes loaded, but I am really loving the Custom Brush Mini plug-in. I have TONS of brushes now to play with. Just getting started but they are a blast to play with and also great for the smudge plug-in too !

@ Axel Nice image ! I really like the colors and texture. Very good job.

@ Oma, thanks ! Actually there was alpha displacement in there. Drop ripple, ripples, alpha displacement and then seismograph. The thumb of your new image is really beautiful. >>>>> Going to your Gallery to see the full size now ! :D

Just getting started but they are a blast to play with and also great for the smudge plug-in too !

I use them for smudge a hell of a lot but i have only just got custom brush mini about a week ago :o

Custom brushes, I cannot get them to work for me. In Smudge I have soft, hard & I think paint brush. Results are very ordinary, to say the least.

Perhaps point me in the direction of a tute so that I can get the gist of how to use them?

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Custom brushes, I cannot get them to work for me. In Smudge I have soft, hard & I think paint brush. Results are very ordinary, to say the least.

Perhaps point me in the direction of a tute so that I can get the gist of how to use them?

think of brushes not as paintbrushes but a multiple variable sized color changeable stamp. and you get more the idea of how brushes will work in scrapbooking. good for doing sweeps of same image in a picture.

ciao OMA

Not much on smudge.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=27003

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31782

===========================================

Additional brushes:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23095&hilit=balls

Here is a thread with brushes and links to brushes.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23095&hilit=custom+brushes

You can get brushes on Deviant Art as well. They are mostly PhotoShop brushes that you can convert to PdN brushes with a handy program ABRViewer.Net. It will convert them for you, but you will need to make sure you put them in the correct folder.

Here are some more links that might help. You can do a search and find more info and techniques.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27088&hilit=ABRViewer

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31178&p=279253&hilit=ABRViewer#p279253

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29868&hilit=ABRViewer

Ok now, before you read all of that, and I hope you do, look at it this way. Depending on the brush you use and the speed settings and the image you are working on, you can do things from soften and shape an edge, smear colors together to create a texture (the grass in my mountain landscape), a finger paint effect, or even smear/scratch things up. The smudge tool has as many possibilities as your imagination allows it to. Check out some of Topezia's work, she has made some beautiful images with the smudge tool. The same can be said for just painting with the brushes. There are so many things that you can do by painting layer over layer of brushes. Ok, now go have some fun and let me know when you have something to show. I know it will be great ! Oh and be careful and don't poke yourself in the eye with one of the brushes like I did. 8)

very nice abstracts dark. Oh yeah welcome to the forums buddy :mrgreen:

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

very nice abstracts dark. Oh yeah welcome to the forums buddy :mrgreen:

Thanks! Started using paint.NET 2 days ago. :)

If I'm posting this I might as well post another pic. :P

Was too lazy to tranparitize, but I really like this one.

Mirroronthewall.png

I guess I'll start experimenting with different effects now.

Brushesahoysignatureepiconeto.png