Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

On 9/19/2018 at 12:54 AM, toe_head2001 said:

Months of work? Can't you do it in a matter of minutes with Find & Replace?

Or just use a rewrite rule on the web server?

EDIT: I've moved the last few posts out of the topic for Ed Harvey's Plugins.

Hi toe_head2001, tks for your tipp! 

Currently months, but I have been working sporadically for two years on the changes. Since it's not much fun, I continue to work with poets and put them on paper and then on the HP. Because that's what I wanted and not such stupid changes that google brings in again and again and not really bring much, especially not security! But google is ultimately the boss :-)))), so I work on these pages from time to time - and then just months on these pages and edit them google-compatible.

I would like to have such a rewrite rule on the web server, but unfortunately I can't find one and even I don't know how to create such a rewrite rule.

My problem, I have to search, load and edit every single page. For this I use Notepad. I set up an image of a page so that it becomes clear what I have to edit.  In addition, areas or addresses that are no longer used are removed from the html text. Afterwards I edit the page again and according to my newest state.

I am always very grateful for ideas, they should only be realizable for me as a worker with WYSIWYG. I can work and change in html-text, but not write long html-text :-)))))

Enclosed is a small part of a HP page, where the left side consists of links, others appear on each page accordingly. Of course I use search and replace, but I don't change much about the real effort per single page of search, loading. Edit.  I can't load a link block,  only single pages and that's very unpleasant.

Greetings from Hamburg

HP1.jpg

Dear @lynxster4  

Thank you for your compassion - smile. It's really nerving. I searched the net for a good solution, asked FB and google, but somehow nobody could really help me. Since then I have been sitting and trying to edit the pages of HP from 2010 until today. Well, at some point I'll be done or I'll kick pages out of the HP!
I have to admit, even with this unloved activity I learn a lot, which will make my future work on HP easier :-)))))))
A glass of wine: Cheers! and greetings from Hamburg!

• Like 1

@lifeday I may be able to help you. Will send you a PM.

12 hours ago, Pixey said:

I hope you get this sorted out really soon :)

@lifeday and I are working on it ?

• 4 months later...

A picture I took on my phone of a couple of jumping ants and a horsefly in the leaf litter.

jXgRIuF.png

I'm not sure if its improvement but you can see the subject better.

Mostly just playing with blend modes and Madjic's Matrice plugin .

TIXC8eS.png

Sig.jpg

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.”

― Thomas Carlyle

45 minutes ago, Rickhum said:

A picture I took on my phone of a couple of jumping ants and a horsefly in the leaf litter.

jXgRIuF.png

I'm not sure if its improvement but you can see the subject better.

Mostly just playing with blend modes and Madjic's Matrice plugin .

TIXC8eS.png

I think that you would get more natural results if you made adjustments to the histogram of the Adjustments/Levels and then use the Adjustments/Brightness-Contrast

Edited by HyReZ

• 1 year later...

Well I have little idea what the heck I'm doin'.....But  here goes, First Real "Art" piece from me.  This an Image Modification/Manipulation type.

The source images are from Stock images found on DeviantArt by the following artists.

All work is done in  Paint.NET

Your kind critiques will be a great help for my future projects. Thank You. 

https://i.postimg.cc/wvkBgBj6/II-OLD-Cart-OLD-cat-OLd-squural-New-Pumpkin-FINAL.jpg

Edited by Scooter
  • Like 2

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Hi Scooter - I always enjoy your witticisms in the comedy thread!👍

Some minor, possibly unwanted? feedback:

1.  10/10 for crediting your source images.

2.  95% for cutting/pasting and placement - I feel the cart is a little low in the image. Considering the axles would point toward the vanishing point (on the horizon L.H.S), if it's on flat ground. Excellent cutting out of the different images though!

3.  24/32 for Lighting - an almost impossible task but you have chosen consistently lit images apart from the cat, which has rather a 'flat' light.

4.  5/4 for blending the barley? into the cart wheels - works well!

5. Random fraction, Are barley and pumpkins ripe at the same time? - are those snails next to the cat? ... I need an explanation!🙃

6. 4/3 - Love the cat - reminds me of a much missed old friend.

Overall score: 138.7

Make another one now 🧐, I'm enjoying this art critic business... I'm being flippant, but an enjoyable, highly competent photo montage.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

4 hours ago, Red ochre said:

Hi Scooter - I always enjoy your witticisms in the comedy thread!👍

Some minor, possibly unwanted? feedback:

1.  10/10 for crediting your source images.

2.  95% for cutting/pasting and placement - I feel the cart is a little low in the image. Considering the axles would point toward the vanishing point (on the horizon L.H.S), if it's on flat ground. Excellent cutting out of the different images though!

3.  24/32 for Lighting - an almost impossible task but you have chosen consistently lit images apart from the cat, which has rather a 'flat' light.

4.  5/4 for blending the barley? into the cart wheels - works well!

5. Random fraction, Are barley and pumpkins ripe at the same time? - are those snails next to the cat? ... I need an explanation!🙃

6. 4/3 - Love the cat - reminds me of a much missed old friend.

Overall score: 138.7

Make another one now 🧐, I'm enjoying this art critic business... I'm being flippant, but an enjoyable, highly competent photo montage.

Red ochre  Your scoring matches mine exactly (mine having been adjusted upwards just now 😉).  Your points are well received and appreciated.  As a rank  armature  I am most grateful for the insights.  I shall now go do another something just to see what we shall see. As my old art teacher always said "clean your brushes before leaving the classroom" , though I'm not sure how that applies, but he always said, it so must be important.

p.s. #6  I too had such an old friend- the main reason he was chosen. 

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

• 1 month later...

Finding on the internet picture #1 was, to me, a powerful graphic of what was, a vision of the massive struggle by firemen struggling to battle the fires after the earthquake of April 18, 1906 in San Francisco California.  I was struck by the possibility's of this picture and have tried to convey the monumental effect and efforts that were in play during this historical event.

Sources:

#1A-firefighter-stands-next-to-smouldering-buildings-after-the-great-earthquake-that-hit-San-Fransisco.jpg  National Archives photo UNRESTRICTED USE  https colon slash slash catalog.archives.gov slash id slash 522951

#2DWT594-httpswww-guardiansofthecity-orgphp-Albummain-phpcmd-imageorig-var1-SFFD-2-FDWT594-jpg.jpg DWT594_httpswww.guardiansofthecity.orgphpAlbummain.phpcmd=imageorig&var1=SFFD 2FDWT594.jpg

At approximately 11:00 A.M.  April 18,1906...                                   "The Call Building Starts to Burn"

AAA-PLUS-CALL-BUILDING-STARTS-TO-BURN-19

• Like 3

Scooter

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I throw myself into the breech, once again, ol' friends. I Give You...

title-of.png

Suveyor-Scout-Another-Day-At-The-Office-

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scooter

Egad! I'm and idiot 😲, I failed t mention that "Survey  Scout..."  (up there ☝️ somewhere) is a photo manipulation using Creative Commons images from Pixabay.com.

To wit:   

1.  photographer :  iceland-5586225_1920  kamilgrygo pix.  https://postimg.cc/z3XwTXFR
  2.  landscape:  monument-valley-4015341_1920 Alex Olzheim pix https://postimg.cc/FdPLT3Vk
  3.  sky:   sky-4727812_1920 David Reed Pixabay  https://postimg.cc/q6zCSq1b
  4. other stuff I did my self.🙄

Scooter

I like all the shading and the unusual sky color.

• Thanks 1

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lMbNWe.png

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

~ Isadora Duncan

• 2 years later...

JsKyGBA.png

This was an experiment mashing together a picture I took of a couple models in front of a blank monitor, then I added in the background after I got rid of the weird pixelization caused by the monitor. Figuring it out was not really difficult, but required a lot of trial and error.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

bass-2small.png.bc299ad077e32232f98f4dd98922841e.png