Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

Tada here are some of my first tries of photomanipulation :)

the original is a photo of the beautiful landscape of canada by daylight

Hidden Content:
Kanadanachts.jpg

cute little thing, isn't it? ^^

Hidden Content:
Squirrelregenbogenfarben.jpg

Tilo; I love the squirrel, the colours blend really well, and it looks like a normal photo.. apart from the fact its a multicoloured squirrel :D

This is my first experiment with paint.net, it turned out better than I thought it would... but my expectations were pretty low :)

Thats my nephew, but i think i went a little overboard with the contrast; he looks kinda pale xD

Jackedit.jpg

Can you see where I got lazy with the eraser? :lol:

Everything is so great I sometimes hesitate to show my work.

Madjik the mask is wonderful

Jake2k I always enjoy your images

Tilo the squirrel made me laugh

magicmaster you grossed me out…

Lego, like the box dude

th_JekyllIslandClubHotel.png th_palmtree.png

th_seagull.png th_walkonbeach2.png

i see some relly good stuff here. some a litle disturbing, but still.

all i've got is a couple of atempts to make some anime renders look more 3d

grimmjow.png

rey.jpg

off topic: how do i make them into thumbnails? pm me the answer so as not to bother the thread

nope, no gradient, as far as i know. and i didn't have drop shadows at the time, that's done with glow. plus i didn't say they were succesfull atempts. i just like the end result better

This is my first try at manipulating a photo.

Hope it's not that bad.(crosses fingers)

I started out with a black and white picture of a man with a soccer ball and a soccer field.

madmanplayinsoccer.jpg

hey, it's nice, but try feathering (using the "true feather" option, always), the "guy with a soccer ball" that alone should do a major difference. Also, try running an artistic effect on the background, it should help everything fit together more.

This is my first try at manipulating a photo.

Hope it's not that bad.(crosses fingers)

I started out with a black and white picture of a man with a soccer ball and a soccer field.

I know smudge is fun, but don't smudge the football to make it seem like its moving fast. you've got blurs and other effects to do that. ;)

this is a photograph I took of our County Courthouse last winter. We needed an image for the County's website. Since it was the coldest and dreariest part of winter, we wanted the image to look like it was summer. This is what I came up with.

th_FILE0008.jpg

th_Composit_med.jpg

this is a photograph I took of our County Courthouse last winter. We needed an image for the County's website. Since it was the coldest and dreariest part of winter, we wanted the image to look like it was summer. This is what I came up with.

th_FILE0008.jpg

th_Composit_med.jpg

Very nice ! What castle is that? I like the added clouds and the way you darkened the shadows. Your image looks like the camera had a filter on it. It looks as if it was taken that way.

Very nice ! What castle is that? I like the added clouds and the way you darkened the shadows. Your image looks like the camera had a filter on it. It looks as if it was taken that way.

Sorry , no idea which castle it is. It was the picture used in the tut I mentioned . If you look carefully the original image I posted already has the van cut out. Some careful cloning was needed there .

I darkened the shadows on the left with a transparent gradient. I find it works very well if you are trying to imitate the burn tool in PS.

Sorry , no idea which castle it is. It was the picture used in the tut I mentioned . If you look carefully the original image I posted already has the van cut out. Some careful cloning was needed there .

I darkened the shadows on the left with a transparent gradient. I find it works very well if you are trying to imitate the burn tool in PS.