Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

yeah... maybe i should do that. it would just take time i dose'nt have, so instead i'll tell you what i did:

i 2 curved roads which i merged together to make the one on the image.

then i took 2 wood/forrest pictures and sat them on each side of the road to + made some tweaks at the top to make a the trees touch eachother.

then cropped and rendered the pictures+the road and put in a forrest background.

then fixed lighting contrast and the colors.

• 1 month later...

We have a comp going on HERE for image maips. Very fun theme ! Enter now ! Have some fun ! Win a cool prize !

This is my entry.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

That is such an awesome image ! Great job !

I would like to invite everyone to put something together and enter this comp. You only have a couple of days left. Even if you don't enter, I would appreciate it if you would take a look at the great entries we have and maybe even vote when the poll starts.

This is an image manipulation I did that was inspired by a tut I saw on a Gimp tutorial site.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/SinCityPossum_PdN_Sepia.png

Edited by Possum Roadkill

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to invite anyone and everyone to enter the very first Photo Manipulation Competition for the Paint.net Forum. The theme is "Impossible Animals". You can view the Comp and Theme rules HERE.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

maybe not a manipulation/modification but here is one of my own photos which i edited and cave some effects and i think itt looks pretty cool :)

beachz.th.jpg

That is really beautiful ! Great job.

Round 2 of the Photo Manip Comp is underway. You can find the rules and current entries HERE.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I did for the last round of the PMC.

This is the original photo manipulation. This was created from 15 different stock photos.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/PM_2_TalesFromATopographicOcean.png

This is the modified version I entered using the Ink Sketch effect. I think it adds an ink and watercolor look to the image that makes it look like a painting.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/PM_2_TalesFromATopographicOcean3.png

Anyone is welcome to join us in the competition. You can read the rules and see the current entries HERE. It's a lot of fun and a great way to get new ideas and work on your skills. B):D

Its amazing how you incorporated so many stocks! I found the possum!!

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

Its amazing how you incorporated so many stocks! I found the possum!!

:D

:lol::D I had to put myself in this one. :lol:B) That rock was comfortable and you could see forever !

Your entry was brilliant !

The current PMC poll is open for voting now ! Check it out HERE

I'm sure that everyone would appreciate your votes ! You can vote for the top three entries. This will be the last PMC for awhile, so come on over and support us. The more interest we get, the sooner it will return.

Both excellent versions Possum' :D

Playing around ...

th_zombie2.jpg

image no.1...before the missus found out.. :P ..image no. 2..the after effects.. =O

(sorry Welshy..just couldn't resist!! :mrgreen:)

regards j.d.

An image modification of Caspar David Friedrich's Abtei im Eichwald:

http://imgur.com/xBlSs.jpg

Original

@ Welshy, That's awesome ! You should have used that in the Halloween theme in the WOTW.

@ Frontcannon, That is just beautiful and eerie at the same time. Very nice manip !

Thanks! It's a work for school, and Paint.NET is better than painting, at least for me :D

I thought I would let you know that the Space Art Comp is back for a while. I've not seen you in any of the comps for awhile....... :D

I thought I would let you know that the Space Art Comp is back for a while. I've not seen you in any of the comps for awhile....... :D

I'm doing a game mod right now (Amnesia: The Dark Descent comes with great modding tools!), which leaves little time for Pdn :/

But glad to hear I'm missed :)