Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

That is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It's beautiful and creepy at the same time.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

That is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It's beautiful and creepy at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my attempt at colourising a photo of von der Heydte...

vonderheydtebw.png

Before

vonderheydte.png

After

The coat should be a bit darker. My previous experience painting (With real brushes) helped me get the colours for the skintone right.

siglk.pngsigrg.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Skitzo!

Here's another I tried:

mdefj.png

It's not as good as the first. If anybody is wondering why the uniform has soe much noise in it, I tried replicationg this material:

0507121615knochensackgr.jpg

siglk.pngsigrg.png

• 2 weeks later...

@ RHoward Man those eyes creep me out ! Pretty good job on colorization. Just a thought, the nose looks a little too red/dark maybe? But who am I to say anything I sure couldn't do that.

I found a tut for PShop a while back and thought I'd like to give it a try. My results aren't as good as the person who wrote the tut, but this is my first attempt... :D

Link to the tut

http://aviary.com/tutorial?tutorial=wat ... eview=1&p=

What was done was pretty cool...

th_watermain.jpg

I also found this image and it was my inspiration...there was no explanation or even who produced it....

th_84453063.jpg

The stock images I used....

th_fdc932519.jpg th_FAN2050906_P1.jpg th_FAN2050909_P.jpg th_drinking_water_creative-commons.jpg

My resluts...

FromWaterComesLife2.png

I know, I know, there are many many flaws to the final image, but hey I did it in one night.... I'm tired....my dog ate my homework....I did it with one hand tied behind my back.... and one eye closed....(not really... :lol: J/K) So what do you think? Anyone want to give it a try? I know some of you guys/gals who do the photo manip stuff all the time will smoke me on this one, so give it a try. IT WAS FUN !!!!

• Upvote 1

found an old tut for glowing lines and i ran with it

Click to see Pic

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

• 2 weeks later...

ÃŽnteresting...I might try that.

Other than colouring black and white photos, I can't really do much else with the program when it comes to editing photos.

I started off small by trying to remove a soda can (Was Mountain Dew around in 1943?)

partyatwalts.png

original:

48788713.png

siglk.pngsigrg.png

Axle: that looks like it fits great, but it seems like the top of the head got cut off just a little bit

Possum Roadkill: that hummingbird looked amazing, I'm personally impressed, only thing I don't really "understand" in the pic is the four little crown shaped water splashed going down with the water..

RHoward: those recoloring are amazing, the only thing that isn't convincing is the eyes on the second one, but besides that it could easily pass for a legit photo that got smudged up a bit.

here's my attempt, I posted them in the abstract, but someone recommended to post them here

They are the portals from the video game "portal". I whipped them up in about 10-20 minutes. As far as a the sloppy renders, you can see the white outline a bit on the portals, but when I redo them I know an easy way to fix it. Next time I do it I'll increase the canvas size and do a more elaborate one with a more abstract environment, this was a rough draft...

as far as making them you just get a thick orange/blue circle. throw in a gradient with color burn i believe, above the portal layer, and then it will ideally be a little darker on top. make about 3 duplicates of the original portal. have one select the portal and the inside of it, do some low scale dents. for the next layer, scale up the dents a bit and twist them a bit for a wispy look. the third duplicate is for any other effect you want. merge them down. you should have a transparent orange/blue portal and have no problem with putting what you want in the background, and then what you want in the portal...

orange portal (original)

Hidden Content:
portaltest.jpg

blue portal (just used the color flip/rotate plugin)

Hidden Content:
portaltestblue.jpg

any criticism besides the sloppy render that I did lol, this was all done in paint.net except the brick wall and the great wall of china obviously

I haz a website! Made August 30th, don't be hating on my html skills, I'll work on the template when I'm done getting what I want on it.

duplicate your portal layer gaussian blur it at 15-20 pixels and if you have the glow plugin go to effects/photo/glow and add some glow to it.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Hidden Content:
BluelightV2.jpg
mutant ME

PDNforumsignature.jpg

Don't mind me i'm slow like a turtle and confused like a drunk in a neighborhood full of apartments that all look the same.