Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Desktop Art

I like the third one you have :) pretty logo

That's the stock photo :P

Really cool effect, though. The only thing I don't agree with is the excessive amount of noise used for the background

That's the stock photo :P

Really cool effect, though. The only thing I don't agree with is the excessive amount of noise used for the background

Yes, but that in this point actually matches the theme of most of the production from Mr. S ...

@K : Nice docking platform/station/graphic for those icons btw. Forgot to come back and mention that was a nice clean design on that aspect of those.

This is a pic of my friends cat that I Edited. I'm still new and am trying to figure out where to get a big pack of tools instead of getting lots of different ones :) If anyone has any suggestions that would be great and if you want to take and use this picture thats fine :D

CAT.jpg

Edited by GOATWINGSPOON

It's my current desktop background. I'm not reposting the description, really cannot be bothered at the moment (how lazy of me).

Yeah, highlight, copy, paste is much harder than typing out that entire sentence ... I think the word you were looking for was egotistic or pretentious. :roll:

Yeah, highlight, copy, paste is much harder than typing out that entire sentence ... I think the word you were looking for was egotistic or pretentious. :roll:

Neither of those words fit. And typing that sentence was actually faster :P.

Uploaded this pic onto advanced critique, but haven't had a response yet, so i thought i might aswell show it up here :)

@PDNnoob - Loving the mixture of circles, im going to try that, some really big circles mixed with small ones works really well, and did you use the xor layer blend to get the circles at the point were the triangles meet? Works really well, definatly a possible wallpaper

106d5dk.jpg

• Upvote 1

Glad you brought it over here! I didn't have anything significant enough for advanced critique :P

The background is very well done. It does a terrific job of focusing the viewer's attention towards the main subject. The one problem I have is the text...it is quite difficult to read if one didn't know what it said beforehand.

(about comment on my pic) Thanks :D Most of it was actually really simple to make (the curves across the middle were the hardest part). All the circles were made either with the ellipse tool or random shape generator plugin. The circles you are talking about were done with a combination of the ellipse tool (on empty outline mode), blurs, and frosted glass and a layer opacity adjustment.

Edited by pdnnoob

@ 'Noob ... not sure about the David Icke colour but love the overall design of it

@ RSguidemaker ... watch you don't fall into the trap of putting too much onto a canvas. Sometimes less is more ...

Mario and Luigi together or the Assasins Creed geezer on his own would look better IMO. The guy with the gun doesn't work as he is ...

Great to see you expanding onto larger canvases but maybe a lil' bit of Drop Shadow behind the characters ? Click

Great choice of font

Hey, here's my attempt on making a cool wallpaper for a Gaming Community I've been working on lately. In my opinion the outcome is prety cool, but I'd like to hear some real feedback from you guys!!!

PNGCD.png

I'm thinking of further working on this one and adding some diamond shards in which reflections of screenshots of the games we're playing are to be seen, I'm thinking of a nice way to do that, to add some depth with that too.

Edited by chimay12321
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to the forum MLeclerc,

Your Desktop image is very nice, all the textures on the planets are excellent, also the shapes, colors and the atmospheres are great too,

I think the angle of the highlighted parts which are facing the sun should be 180 degrees because the light is coming exactly from the left side (sun)

In my opinion the background is so simple, maybe it needs some larger stars grouped here and there leaving some empty dark spaces in between, and also some nebulae or galaxies.....

Those are just ideas, I know it is not easy to create a space image but you really did a great work on this.

MLeclerc - very nice work. I love the lines & the almost pastel peacefulness.

klyek397 - wow! I really love the textures of the planets. Really nice!

i think you got us backwards barbieq25

Ooops! Sorry :D

Nice work Daniels. Clean & simple with a nice reflection. Good font choice too. Hope we see much more from you :)

Nice work Daniels. Clean & simple with a nice reflection. Good font choice too. Hope we see much more from you :)

Thank you very much, Barbie! I hope to be posting a lot more.