Pictorium Suggestion Box / Discussion Thread

Crazy Man Dan

Please don't pack your first post with every single picture you've ever done. It makes it hard for someone to nominate and for us to promote your picture to the galleria.

When you make new stuff, just post again on your own thread.

The trouble with that is that when a user sees my gallery - I want them to be able to see everything I have posted easily. Maybe ask people to number each contribution and use that when reporting posts.

KaHuc.png

How about updating the first post with thumbnails, then putting a fuller view on the latest post? Then, when people want to nominate your image, they nominate the later post.

See? Everybody's happy. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Well, when someone goes into my personal gallery, I don't want it to take an hour to load the first page. :P

• [*:129ifymr]That is what thumbnails are for.
    [*:129ifymr]You can view a page while it is loading.
    [*:129ifymr]The only difference there would be in loading time between what you are suggesting and what most members are doing is something that was never meant to save loading time.

KaHuc.png

Is there a limit as to the number of images that can be featured in the galleria per-day?

I imagine that the galleria will not grow by more than a few images per week.

(Excluding the initial rush, of course.)

Remember, it is a bit of work for us mods to promote an image. We have to FTP the image to the getpaint.net server and make up the post, deal with the nomination, etc.

Remember, it is a bit of work for us mods to promote an image. We have to FTP the image to the getpaint.net server and make up the post, deal with the nomination, etc.

I thought different images got featured on getpaint.net. And I didn't think any were. Where is the section of getpaint.net where the images are shown?

KaHuc.png

I thought different images got featured on getpaint.net. And I didn't think any were. Where is the section of getpaint.net where the images are shown?

All images in The Galleria are hosted at getpaint.net but, they are not shown anywere on the getpaint.net web site... only in The Galleria.

Clear?

Yes. We want to have control over galleria images, since they are in effect "condoned" by our community. We don't want someone changing the image the URL links to. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

OK. Let me exchange the word effort with the word time. You can't argue with that :P .

You mean one extra click?

No. I mean the 33 extra clicks it is going to take (so far) to view everyones personal gallery in one sitting. It will take well over an hour now to do what used to take about 5 minutes to do in the old pictorium.

Since nobody is understanding what I am talking about, I will stop airing my complaints and come on board, kicking and screaming.

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

We had a problem with SQL again today. People could post new topics, but not new threads. So we ended up with several completely empty threads.

Kinda sucked. :-)

I'm somewhat confused as for what you can and can't do in the Pictorium. Can you make your own thread for only one picture? I'd like to see specifications in the rules. Thanks :)

We'd prefer that you put more in it eventually...if you only have one image, post it in one of the umbrellas until you get some more to post. :-)

Sure. You're quite an active member. I've no doubt your gallery will be quite full in no time. :-)

I have a slight concern about the Pictorium; at the bottom of the page, there are about 7 or so duplicate threads, last posted in by "Guest" even though there are no replies, and when I try to view them, it tells me they don't exist! What going on here?

I mean the 33 extra clicks it is going to take (so far) to view everyones personal gallery in one sitting. It will take well over an hour now to do what used to take about 5 minutes to do in the old pictorium.

Since nobody is understanding what I am talking about, I will stop airing my complaints and come on board, kicking and screaming.

Maybe we should reconsider the idea of also having a thread in the new pictorium where people can post any images they have made with a link back to their personal gallery. However, that thread would only allow people to post images - with comments left for their personal thread.

KaHuc.png

I have a slight concern about the Pictorium; at the bottom of the page, there are about 7 or so duplicate threads, last posted in by "Guest" even though there are no replies, and when I try to view them, it tells me they don't exist! What going on here?

Yeah, I was wondering too. SQL problems apparently.

I'm somewhat confused as for what you can and can't do in the Pictorium. Can you make your own thread for only one picture? I'd like to see specifications in the rules. Thanks :)

We'd prefer that you put more in it eventually...if you only have one image, post it in one of the umbrellas until you get some more to post. :-)

'Kay, good.