Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

Middle one is great, but remove the text. You're a fast learner. :D

Nah, the text is fine :D Diff font would help [my personal preference is for the style you're doing you should use a text legible at very small sizes like a technoey font O.o' Whatcha' think? All text is really is communication in an art form. (Pictures are communication in graphics form.)]

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

Just kill the text on all of them, it does them no justice.

True, but you gotta get the right text for it man. He's using all that bubly textie junk it looks horrible with the sigs (no offense, the sigs are nice the text isn't fitting though)

If he changes them to a techno-macro font I can guarantee improvement in the sig's look. Or he could just make the font really tenie and modify it pixel by pixel in a separate document :shock: that'd take too much work though hehe.

ElvenPower.jpg

Power comes to those who least expect it, Ambition comes to those who want it. Sometimes Ambition rules the Powerful, many times Ambition Is Power. Remember that Frodo, that ring could have been yours!

I like it. :lol: Great job with Chad.
Here's some loose rules for you, k?

1. Do not use them same text every time.

2. Do not rotate your text.

3. Avoid having only one word for text.

4. Use simple fonts.

I always use the same text...

Here's some loose rules for you, k? <-- sounds kinda put-offish.

1. Do not use them same text every time. <-- clarification? Same text style? (I agree to that save for certain occasions) same text itself. (that can be repeated if it's the IGN [gaming] or ID for forums...)

2. Do not rotate your text. <-- text can be rotated well in certain ways. [ number #1. it MUST go with the flow of the sig. number #2. it should be near the center and origin point of the flow]

3. Avoid having only one word for text. <-- and what's wrong with that? If I make a sig my text is 'Jayed' most of the time. That's fine right? Using a random word for CC is also fine :P Just make sure you tell them it's a sample word[

4. Use simple fonts. <-- amen sista! the only time I'd break that rule is when it calls for it. LIke an amazing grace signature I made with Jesus' cross on a hill? That needed some cursive fonts so I put that on there.

Also, making a simplistic sig that is with a well known figure. (like mario--use the Mario font from DaFont) (or Pokemon--use the pokemon font) However... if you have a complex sig like what the person had. Then you use simplistic fonts.

ALL FONTS ARE IS COMMUNICATION IN AN ART FORM. Make the art form conform to what you're doing. If you have a simple signature, appropriate font. Complex signature, anything that goes with the flow (most likely will be a simple font legible at very small sizes)

If it's a dot matrix sorta thing. Maybe get a dot matrix test? The font is your communication help to the person viewing your graphic art. It is communication but it is also part of the art. Don't ruin the art by ruining the text. They go hand in hand man :mtdew::mtdew::mtdew::mtdew:

Oh yeah, and chat. I love it :D but the gradient in the background is somehow too complex and interfering with the scene? The foreground is simple while the bg is complex but it's flashy enough to draw our eyes away from what we need to see. Try bluring the background or making it a linear :LinearReflectedGradient: gradient stretching from the figure to the beyond :P

ElvenPower.jpg

ok... ill post mine (first post:D)

im a first timer, first time using Paint.net, i have played around with trials of "photoshop" and ofcause msPaint...

heres my go this is my signature... right at the moment, (31-08-2009)

sh0x3.jpg

(not that good graphic cause its a JPEG, not a PNG, which is my preferred format.)

and this is my Avatar, right at the moment... (31-08-2009)

this is (like my signature) ALL PDN. i made the rose, by making a circle and then just line tool it, then i twist 'n' turn it until it looked like this, im pretty proud of it...( thx god it came out good... i used over 6 hours to make the rose!!! im pretty nerdy :D)

here it is:

sh0x.png

plz contructive critisme, :D if u want a tut, i cant make one.. cause as i said i just twisted and turned it until it looked cool

thats my style.. ;D ... ok ill end it here...

-Sh0x

Working on a new signature

I need Inspiration

PM me if you are danish

:D!

@ Soka girl.. ups sorry.. just wanted to post them :D as fast as possiple ;D...

but those sprites are pretty cool... pokemon sprites? :D 3 stars (dont think its all pdn :) but cool)

-----

here is the croped version of my Signature

sh0x2.png

[EDIT] @ Soka Girl,, xD u forgot to comment mine xS

-Sh0x

I need Inspiration

PM me if you are danish

sorry for my ignorence, what does "so-so" means :S?... and thx for the critisisme. and thx for the good words... ill try to learn from it :)

-Sh0x

I need Inspiration

PM me if you are danish

sorry for my ignorence, what does "so-so" means :S?... and thx for the critisisme. and thx for the good words... ill try to learn from it :)

-Sh0x

so-so means not good- not bad.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"