Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

Actually, that's a lot better. The text is a little annoying, though.

What do you suggest I do about the text? Should I use a different font, color, or placing?

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Instead of darkshock, try Dark Shock and place the text near her right eye.

I guess I can try that. I just threw the text on there. :D

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Well a good advice is: If you don't know where to put text, don't put it at all. Poorly placed text can kill a good signature. :|

Yeah, but I didn't want to do that and next thing I know somebody steels my sig and slaps their name on it somewhere else. :|

Looks good...anime isn't my interest, so I can't really critisize it, but it looks cool.

Here's a paint brusch sig I made for some model building forums I'm on. I made this because everybody wants a painting tutorial from me, but I can't translate it quickly enough into German and Russian....so they get this for now ;)

The bristles came out better than I thought when I made them (The transparent checkerboard messes me up a lot)

brushsig.png

siglk.pngsigrg.png

It looks great. I can tell someone has been using my border tutorial. One again, your text is too big though...

i use 28px

Yeah, that's kinda big. I guess it depends on the font you use, but 20px is usually a lot. I usually use 10px - 16px size for my text.

It really depends on the color of the text and how it blends in with the sig. I basically only use black or white text on my sigs. Most of the time I will use white and then use drop shadow to make a small soft border around my text so it is readable.

@walrusworldstudios: I can't point it out, but I feel like it's missing something.

@sokagirl: i wonder where he gets the style from. :lol:

I was experimenting with C4Ds and made this:

EdwardSig2.png

Yes, I have used this render a couple times, but it was the best one I had that worked well with the C4D.

DS, I don't know if it's because I have a CRT screen, but the C4Ds seem to have a lot of specks going on, or maybe that's frosted glass, I'm not sure. You could try smudging that off with a small soft brush. Good to see you didn't go for 100% blue this time ;)

Flip, how is the border weird? And also, is the texture in your sig a stockor smudging? It's really nice :o