Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

We're getting off topic. :wink:

Discussing signature techniques is off-topic?

yy10, what your friend is saying doesn't matter, he's not necessarily right.

I was probably the one he was referring to. I find C4D's cheating. You didnt make them in Paint.net, so they aren't 100% paint.net. Even if alter the C4D, it is still not something you made in paint.net. I believe to have something 100% Paint.net, you need to have nothing but Paint.net backgrounds. Having images or renders are fine, as long as they are not C4D's. I find them cheating. They are not your work, so i dont use them.

haha...the "friend" i was mentioning was him. :lol:

deviantART

sigs n stuff

I was probably the one he was referring to. I find C4D's cheating. You didnt make them in Paint.net, so they aren't 100% paint.net. Even if alter the C4D, it is still not something you made in paint.net. I believe to have something 100% Paint.net, you need to have nothing but Paint.net backgrounds. Having images or renders are fine, as long as they are not C4D's. I find them cheating. They are not your work, so i dont use them.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the logic in that. Why would using C4D's be more wrong that using renders?

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

They are not your work, so i dont use them.

Renders aren't you work either. It's like saying everything has to be made from scratch. It's like saying I should also make this using Paint.NET: (not just rendering the picture, but making the actual character itself)

http://planetrenders.net/renders/albums/userpics/459595/121-copy.png

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

@ the risk of getting totally laughed at here ... what is a C4D ? :oops:

Go here: http://planetrenders.net/renders/thumbnails.php?album=1 :wink:

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the logic in that. Why would using C4D's be more wrong that using renders?

More importantly, what's wrong with using other software?

Uhm...?

I was listening to Death Metal at the time, sorry.

sig

Not bad, not bad! The Dent-ish smoke effect looks nice, though you could have thrown in more colours than just orange and grey ;)

The bling on your text is inappropiate, though. I would prefer a more square-cut font, for example the Transformers font (makes sense, doesn't it :D).

what do you guy's think of my sig?

The effect are really nice, but I can hardly tell what the render is. Try to not make it so dark. :wink:

I like it. I think it would be way better if the sig was more green to compliment Luigi. And once again, maybe you should try a different font. :wink:

That one is pretty good, too. I'd lose the 68 at the bottom and shorten the text.

Also: It's nice to have a favorite font, but they will feel so boring and overused as you keep using it. I did that a while back and it just started to feel plain. There are so many fonts out there to use and experiment with. It just looks as if your restricted from using other fonts or something. :D

Also: It's nice to have a favorite font, but they will feel so boring and overused as you keep using it. I did that a while back and it just started to feel plain. There are so many fonts out there to use and experiment with. It just looks as if your restricted from using other fonts or something. :D
Yeah, I have to agree with Darkshock on this one. One place to find great fonts that you can even use commercially is called FontSquirrel.com. No restrictions on any of them, so I use them for logo design ;)

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

I just seems so simple to have so much repetition with your images. It's like making all of your signatures have the same exact background. People are going to want to see something new. :wink:

Personally, I consider C4D's "cheating" because if you use a render/stock, it's obvious to see that that wasn't made in PDN. With C4D's it's much harder to distinguish between PDN and C4D's.