david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

Practice makes perfect. Plastic surgery also, but that's beside the point.

You added way too many effects on the new render, it looks blurry and of very low quality.

well i like the look of it. and do you ever criticize anything but the part you dont like? thats what you did with my other signature too. why not criticize the background? somebody in the "Rate The Sig Of The Poster Above You" topic rated the background.

Because I don't like it? Hate to be harsh, but you don't really do anything with the criticism anyway as far as I can tell... instead of complaining about it, be happy that you do get helpful CC.

I joined 2 days ago. do you really think i can show anybody except people that dont know anything about pdn how to improve things? and ive looked at a bunch of your replies. youve only commented on the signature about 1 thing. only the main part of it. why dont u just try to criticize the whole signature? like the background part of it too.

Most people use 'criticize' in order to emphasize bad or below normal things, though you could criticize the good things, too :o

That's just the way they do :|

That the background of your sig wasn't mentioned before just means that it is accurate, nothing too bad but not perfect either :)

Well, you could say that you should either sharpen the border between the yellow shine or blurring it, would be better than the way it looks now, though your background texture is nice :)

Ok thanks! but could you tell me how to "ssharpen the border" between the yellow thingy and the rest of the background? i have no idea how.

Edit: oops sorry...hehe i forgot about the sharpen effect. but if thats not what you meant can you tell me what u meant?

I joined 2 days ago. do you really think i can show anybody except people that dont know anything about pdn how to improve things? and ive looked at a bunch of your replies. youve only commented on the signature about 1 thing. only the main part of it. why dont u just try to criticize the whole signature? like the background part of it too.

1) So you think I should lie to you and tell you I like it? If that's how you think you'll improve, then sure.

2) Read again, I said you didn't use the comments anyways.

3) Why don't I try? Do you think you're entitled to my help? Do you think I'm your personal art assistant? Like I said, stop complaining, you have no idea how much better it is to only get negative CC than none at all.

1) So you think I should lie to you and tell you I like it? If that's how you think you'll improve, then sure.

3) Why don't I try? Do you think you're entitled to my help? Do you think I'm your personal art assistant? Like I said, stop complaining, you have no idea how much better it is to only get negative CC than none at all.

you know what, whatever. im just here because im looking for a new hobby. i dont care about what you have to say anymore.

you know what, whatever. im just here because im looking for a new hobby. i dont care about what you have to say anymore.

Okay everybody, lets just try and get along. Criticism is criticism... we are all just supposed to be helping each other out, not arguing. @ InteractiveBuddy: this thread is meant for criticism, and if you don't think you need any help with your images, then go to another thread, please. :!:

So let me repeat myself please... :roll:

Alrighty then, I made a new sig and avatar combo... what do you guys think of it? I even made a wallpaper, you can go to my dA to check it out ;)

BlueSwirlSignature-1.png

The swirls on the sphere are really nice and crisp, good job on that. But I don't think the border looks good (they're not always necessary). You could also try another font, sleeker/more simple and less... Childish? looking if you see what I mean?

Border's better, but the text still doesn't fit. The original font might be better actually, maybe the fact that it was entirely the same color was my problem. I'm not sure honestly. :lol:

@ Gamer_World14:

The old font was better, the new one is too.. hell I don't know but I read Cornerworldl 4 at first, get what I mean? ;)

My font of choice would be something that fits a metallic blue look, eg the Metal Gear font.

Preferable something with square-cut letters..

@ Gamer_World14:

The old font was better, the new one is too.. hell I don't know but I read Cornerworldl 4 at first, get what I mean? ;)

My font of choice would be something that fits a metallic blue look, eg the Metal Gear font.

Preferable something with square-cut letters..

^Yeah, maybe something like that.

Fire_Ants, stay away from frosted glass. Try smudging with a 15px hard brush, 50% strength, 50% quality. Don't drag your mouse for too long, just short strokes. You're aiming for something like this:

30afhig.png

(I'm not asking for CC on this^)

The text is a good start, you could try adding some stuff like gradients, thin outlines, bolding the keyword...

Hey, if you guys don't mind. Can you check out my freestyle sig video I put up a couple days ago? The link is on my sig if you're interested. I also have a second video in my gallery if you want to see that one. Thanks!

I made these two sigs in the videos:

Florwergirl.png

Edward.png

I appreciate it if you check out the videos! :wink:

I already did 8)

(upsignerman -> stupid nick, who cares)

Oh that was you! :D

Thanks for the comment. You should post in my gallery. I'll post in yours. :wink: