Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

I joined 2 days ago. do you really think i can show anybody except people that dont know anything about pdn how to improve things? and ive looked at a bunch of your replies. youve only commented on the signature about 1 thing. only the main part of it. why dont u just try to criticize the whole signature? like the background part of it too.

1) So you think I should lie to you and tell you I like it? If that's how you think you'll improve, then sure.

2) Read again, I said you didn't use the comments anyways.

3) Why don't I try? Do you think you're entitled to my help? Do you think I'm your personal art assistant? Like I said, stop complaining, you have no idea how much better it is to only get negative CC than none at all.

1) So you think I should lie to you and tell you I like it? If that's how you think you'll improve, then sure.

3) Why don't I try? Do you think you're entitled to my help? Do you think I'm your personal art assistant? Like I said, stop complaining, you have no idea how much better it is to only get negative CC than none at all.

you know what, whatever. im just here because im looking for a new hobby. i dont care about what you have to say anymore.

2d6nosh.png

you know what, whatever. im just here because im looking for a new hobby. i dont care about what you have to say anymore.

Okay everybody, lets just try and get along. Criticism is criticism... we are all just supposed to be helping each other out, not arguing. @ InteractiveBuddy: this thread is meant for criticism, and if you don't think you need any help with your images, then go to another thread, please. :!:

So let me repeat myself please... :roll:

Alrighty then, I made a new sig and avatar combo... what do you guys think of it? I even made a wallpaper, you can go to my dA to check it out ;)

BlueSwirlSignature-1.png

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

The swirls on the sphere are really nice and crisp, good job on that. But I don't think the border looks good (they're not always necessary). You could also try another font, sleeker/more simple and less... Childish? looking if you see what I mean?

@ Gamer_World14:

The old font was better, the new one is too.. hell I don't know but I read Cornerworldl 4 at first, get what I mean? ;)

My font of choice would be something that fits a metallic blue look, eg the Metal Gear font.

Preferable something with square-cut letters..

@ Gamer_World14:

The old font was better, the new one is too.. hell I don't know but I read Cornerworldl 4 at first, get what I mean? ;)

My font of choice would be something that fits a metallic blue look, eg the Metal Gear font.

Preferable something with square-cut letters..

^Yeah, maybe something like that.

Fire_Ants, stay away from frosted glass. Try smudging with a 15px hard brush, 50% strength, 50% quality. Don't drag your mouse for too long, just short strokes. You're aiming for something like this:

30afhig.png

(I'm not asking for CC on this^)

The text is a good start, you could try adding some stuff like gradients, thin outlines, bolding the keyword...

Hey, if you guys don't mind. Can you check out my freestyle sig video I put up a couple days ago? The link is on my sig if you're interested. I also have a second video in my gallery if you want to see that one. Thanks!

I made these two sigs in the videos:

Florwergirl.png

Edward.png

I appreciate it if you check out the videos! :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I already did 8)

(upsignerman -> stupid nick, who cares)

Oh that was you! :D

Thanks for the comment. You should post in my gallery. I'll post in yours. :wink:

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

new one

edstylesig.png

something is missing in it..

siler :shock:. I like it but you need something to finish off the focal point it could do with something in the top right looking/moving towards south west. I assume you are keeping the Heroes theme? if so perhaps a faint Peter (as he was his main enemy) or as that version of siler seems to be when he went through a 'good stage' you might want to add the evil siler with the black eyes etc?..or who knows, maybe just one of his abilities..i don't know just throwing some ideas around to help :).

hey nice foot! :lol: really, did you draw that? if yes 10/10, if not 5/10

i made a new sig

freedomsig.png

Haha thanks, yeh i did :mrgreen:. A mini explanation is in my gallery, pop on by i would love to know your opinion 'cause what good is work if noone likes it? :P. Oh and i like your new sig ;) i am prety poor at making them but i am going to give one a try soon :idea:

@ pipp92:

About the sig...

edstylesig.png

If your line things are on a different layer, try making the thickness a little larger, then use glow. Also not sure about the color scheme you have there, it kind of looks like green and orange. Try changing the color scheme to red and orange, or purple and blue, or even blue and green to see what it turns out like ;)

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

I don't do a lot of sigs now and I really like all of the ones above me. You guys really have a knack for sigs. I take a different tact on doing sigs. I do them from members of my club for our club message board. Here are the latests two that I did the past couple of nights.

This one is for Sassy J. She sorta likes white tigers...

SassyJWhiteTiger_Sig1.png

This one is for Slopjoky. A slopjoky is a sloppy painter. Slop is a professional painter, as in buildings...

Slopjoky_Sig.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

hey nice foot! :lol: really, did you draw that? if yes 10/10, if not 5/10

i made a new sig

freedomsig.png

Looks like someone has tried making sigs like me and has tried out one of my special sig borers. :roll:

Haha. You should try using a different font for your text. It will get old really quick. Trust me.