Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

@ flip I like the sigs very nice.

@ kinzo I think its good for a first sig. actually I think its better than my first sig. Keep up the good work ;)

Here is something I threw together playing with some plug-ins I haven't used yet. Let me know what you think.

sig01.jpg

Atradese, I like the 3D of the hexagons, but the clouds don't look right. Can't put the finger on why exactly. Also, try going for multiple colors in each piece.

Flip, it's well done but everyone does it. The glassy button effect is kind of tiring after being used and abused so much. The font choices aren't too great, either. Maybe you should try making the text seem like it's on the surface of the sphere rather than just floating?

@ flip I like it. but I agree with Blooper about the floating text.

Atradese, I like the 3D of the hexagons, but the clouds don't look right. Can't put the finger on why exactly. Also, try going for multiple colors in each piece.

Yeah I had the same problem when I was making it. I think its in the brightness and contrast but when i tried adjusting it it just got worse so I left it like this. If you come up with an idea on how to fix it let me know.

Whoops I forgot to rate.

Yes, the hexagons are good, but the water effect is overdone. But, it does look good.

Can you explain how the water effect is overdone? I don't understand. I was trying to get the ripples like the old water plug-in.

Thanks in advance.

Atradese, he meant that the everyone seems to use the water plug-in.

Musical Maniac, water - especially frozen - is rarely that blue. It's usually white, green and gray, depending on how shallow the ice and how dirty the water. Try some desaturating and hue shifting, that should get you closer to what you want.

Atradese, he meant that the everyone seems to use the water plug-in.

Musical Maniac, water - especially frozen - is rarely that blue. It's usually white, green and gray, depending on how shallow the ice and how dirty the water. Try some desaturating and hue shifting, that should get you closer to what you want.

i understand what you mean, but i prefer the unrealistic, i mean, everyone seems to go for realistic, or cartoon style, but altered reality is sort of in-between the two, it's just my style :)

and to widget, that signature is great, i love the fire effect, and the text is really cool

14lim10.png

this isnt my first signature i made, ive made hundreds of others (for other people, so if you want one, just ask :D). i liked the effect on this one so much, i even made a tutorial on how to do it :P

@ Widget yeah I definately like the text effect on it...though maybe you could do something else with the fire?

@Chronos The only thing I don't like is it is a bit hard to read...I thought it was CIIRONOS at first glance..

here is my go at a signature with more of a 4:1 ratio (still is more like 4.5:1 but eh.)

Bronco is my name on another forum

I tried making it so the Cortana head in the background was noticeable on who it was...but not too distracting...not sure if I acheived that though :P.

bronco.jpg

nice sig, xanthous. but the font colour doesn't fit. try using light green then do some text effects.

i made a new avy, feedback appreciated

splinteredhalo.jpg

well guess what? im not a beginner.i have used pdn for 2+ years now. that was one of my old work

anyway, ur sigs are brilliant! add some text though

sonicwarrior.jpg

Why add text? More often than not people don't do it right anyways.

My only suggestions for f55 would be to make the smudging just a tad smoother on the edges for the first tag.

yy10, if you used brushes to make that background, stay away from them. Also add effects (smudging, C4Ds on brightening blend modes) on top of your render, so that it doesn't look like you just slapped it on and decreased the transparency in some spots.

Thanks

Try not using outlines or drop shadows on grungy fonts like that, because it's worn out. If it was outlined, the outline would have worn down with the text, and it wouldn't be around the stains.

No, you don't. Usually if someone doesn't point out that they want comments on their sig, then they don't. ;)

And just don't outline/add drop shadows to fonts that are dirty like the one you used in your signature. Long story short, it doesn't look good.

Grab the water on the top-right corner, rotate it 180°, and put the just under his left pectoral. Left, as in the Batman's left. Your right. It really looks nice, you could also try decreased the splashes' opacity just a tad. Good job. :)

[Edit] Also, apply image, duplicate twice, autolevel the top layer, set to difference, merge with the layer under it, And make the contrast -100. Set this to overlay. That'll change the hue, but it'll have no effect on the luminosity (50% luminosity on overlay has no effect)