Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

Hey, I really like it! :!:

3rd try? did I miss the 1st and 2nd?

Yay, my attempt at glass has been "Ash-Approved" :mrgreen:

As to former attempts, here's visual reference from earliest to present:

th_GlassText.pngth_3DGlassv1.pngth_Glasstext2.png

Originally I thought that this recent piece was a really feeble attempt at something perplexing. I tried reading the PSTut for doing glass text but ultimately I just threw it out the window and worked blind knowing only a few things from staring at some other glass lettering pieces (namely Ash's :wink: ): Fragment, Highlights, and Blending Modes/Transparency. Perhaps I've been staring at this piece for too long, trying to fix various nooks here and there.... But still, I don't think my method is a fullproof way to making glass text. I'm just going to have to experiment more.

Now that I look at the timeline, I see I've got "Hello World". Hmm. Wasn't expecting that :lol:

@Excelsior69--- Nice sig/av combo. Looks very vexel-like :wink:

@JF+Crimson---Thanks. I remember when I posted that letter piece, I was told it didn't look glassy because of lack of highlights. I stare at my pieces so much trying to fix stuff that I confuse myself on whether they're good or not :|

-------------------------------------------

Torchwood Logo:

th_TWLogo.png

Not quite sure where I was going with this one. I just stopped here because it sorta looked like metallic links. Also, it's the first piece in which I use the smudge plugin/done on a new computer (my laptop, where I did most of my earlier work, lags when using smudge). Nothing special with the smudge work, just a bit of an post-touch up.

Looks very good! You got a very accurate result, which is surprising (not for you :P ) Because mostly I see users on PDn either divert, or finalize with lower quality.

Now I want to see a super high resolution version! 8) :P

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I like them! :D

I like the one in your sig more, as the Messi one doesn't really follow a colour scheme, and the stock is distorted a bit too much. The one in your sig is excellently done. Now all thats left to do is some of those amazing photoshop lighting effects. Its difficult, but makes it looks so much better! I kind of managed to replicate the lighting in my sig by zoom blur, paint brush, gaussian blur, glow etc. Great job though!

@Nab & iKid: Thanks for the comments! :D Well, here's a high-res version. Clicky!

leafytext2.png

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Yeah, i decided to use the magic wand and not alpha mask as i would've had to make like 50 masks, which i'm too lazy to do. Basic Anti-alias did an ok job though. The shadows.. oops i forgot about them :oops:

I'll go do them now.. and edit :P

EDIT: realised i wouldn't need to make 50 masks :P Oh well, part of the reason i started as a large size was so that once its resized down, it would look very clean, which it does.

EDIT2: Text on dA has been updated. Shadows and edges have been anti-aliased. :D

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.