Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

Pithy ? Nah funny.

Nice background but the text gets a bit lost in it. Some drop shadow to bring the text out or a contrasting colour would suit it better IMO.

Plus make the Fireball text a bit smaller so it's not so close to the margins. Daft as it sounds the text would have more of an impact on the eyes being smaller

I read, and I  obey (well not really, but there you have it).

Seriously Thanks for the comments

Version II (I made a bunch more but think this gets closer to the expectation) fireBall12_zpse559487f.png

Much nicer Scooter

@ MikeRobe ...I think there's something really eye pleasing about the colour green and you've used it very effectively.  

Still stuck on text.

Splinter/ Diffuse/ Bevel Selection and Alpha Displacement.  The 'n' has gone a bit funny with negation tho' I'm quite pleased to make something shiney for once ...

glasstext2.png

Agree, not liking the "n" shape  so much. ......

...Gotta be a solution c7e5d25d.gif ............

OH WAIT I have it!   cheersprost_zps05785f75.gif,(Glug!)............  looks all betternow. 

________________________________________________________________________________________

Seriously: 

PDN = pretty darn neat.  And It's shinny too! 0e80ddde.gif

I like the whole shinny,light bouncing, furry-soft background idea.  The light "flairs" (Little bright bits adjacent to the brightest dot/"star") are, well, brilliant. Looking just like lens flairs smiley-happy096_zps8752ffdf.gif  Well done.

• Upvote 2

:P you make me laff out loud for real.

The more I look at it the en is doing my head in.  It spoils it totally.

I'd love to have one or 6 of these straight from the freezer.  13 months and 4 days of abstinence.  Not that I'm counting or anything.  But if I have one I'll end up like this ... if I wasn't a family man I'd risk it ... 

Thanks Scooter.  Appreciated

I've tried everything mate.  Blurred away to distraction.  I think it's the shape of the font that doesn't play nice with Negation after Displacement after Bevel Selection.  A learning curve about using a curve so to speak  :P

I've tried everything mate.  Blurred away to distraction.  I think it's the shape of the font that doesn't play nice with Negation after Displacement after Bevel Selection.  A learning curve about using a curve so to speak  :P

Hmm.  I have played with a similar approach you did and was able to successfully get the distraction away by using alpha-mask every time I used Gaussian blur. Maybe it's because we are taking two different approach?  I dunno.

WoW  all very technical but I'm sure you can figure out a combination to acheave your goal

But about the ..."learning curve"..... 

UH, would it be ......

NAH! ..............must be something else......

'cause I pictured .......... 

article-2064161-02977857000005DC-955_306But No! 945d9d2d.gif, likely another meaning all together

@Welsh,have you tried making it 4 times the size then Gaussian blur it at 4px then resize to 25%. Other than that a very nice image.

Edited by minners71

@ Trevor and Minners' ... I've never been one for making images bigger and shrinking them down, usually what you see is the size I made it but I think for some text styles I'm going to have to start doing it.  Thanks for the wisdom and input guys

@ Scooter.  As I've said before ... off your head  :P

She almost makes me want to get reincarnated as a Slinky

Egad Sir; that looks very like a game thingy ......Oh wait!  I just read your text....Hurrumph, Ah good job, yes, very good job    icon_smile_clown.gif

Current signature:

All planets are the correct size relations; and so is the sun.

Oh and I did include Pluto :D

The distance are not however, not correct.

Welcome to the forum WarpdriveGrafix.

A good avatar! - you've got the technique of curving test and giving it a 3d (trail) look very well - and good color choices too. ;)

Hi! Being new to the Paint.NET Forum I thought I'd Introduce my avatar:

Hi! Welcome to the forum Paint.NET 

Hi! Being new to the Paint.NET Forum I thought I'd Introduce my avatar:

Well, Hello  avatar, Welcome! nice to see you.  You are looking very fine in those colors, and nice roundness.

Oh, and say am, welcome, as well,  to your human when your see 'em next. 

haven't used pdn for ages. whipped up something really quickly yesterday. hope it's not too bad ahaha

mangasig.jpg

Edited by yy10