david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

@xxRUSTYNAILxx:

I think the background is pretty cool, I like the light source, although I think it gets too dark on the edges, it'd be great if it kind of flowed as if it was going out past the borders (Know what I mean?). The sonic seems a little pixelated. It's also very old-fashioned looking. It doesn't look like the sonic you see now that looks more three-dimensional. If it's something you drew or something, that's great! Use it! If you smooth out the lines a little and make a few adjustments I think it'd look great! I also like the text placement, it's nice and simple and doesn't distract from the overall image. Keep up the good work!

I know you're supposed to allow a couple comments before you post another one, but I think people can judge more than one at a time, and there hasn't been a whole ton of signatures recently posted, so if you don't mind, what do y'all think of my signature and avatar? I used pyrochild's Splatter plugin, KrisVDM's Drop Shadow plugin, and the Gradient Blur plugin (Not sure of the author). This is my third attempt at a sig, but my first was just plain text and my second was an animated .GIF.

Signature:

bluesig.png

blueavatar.png

Edited by Schnicka

@Schnicka

Ok, the signiture I think, is a really nice use of the gradient blur. Epecially since the part that is unblured is the centre of attention. One of the problems i have though is that the text looks like its been blured aswell. Tell me if it hadn't. And if it has, i would've put the text on a new layer, and blured only the background. That way the text would stand out a bit more, because the rest is just a bit plain. And maybe a font that suits the splatter a bit more. Really good for a 3rd attempt though.

The avatar, i think, suffers the same problem. Maybe you should have done a whole new gradient blur on the avatar. And the font shouldn't have been blurred. But, thats just my opinion, and really, im not the best person to get opinion from. :)

@Balnce

Well I used Drop Shadow to outline my text, so I guess I just used a tiny bit too much blur. It probably won't be too hard to fix (I hope), and I'll work on that right away, thanks :D. By the way, I really like your signature :)

Edit: Is there a way to unblur the background for the Avatar, or will I just have to make a whole new splatter thing for it? I'd rather keep it the same splatters as it is just with different blur, but I guess I could just redo it

Edit: I made the text outline less blurry so it stands out more, how's this?

Signature:

bluesigz.png

Edited by Schnicka

Nevermind, I made a new sig and avatar anyway :D. What do y'all think about these? It was originally a wallpaper I made but I scaled it down to make a sig out of it

Signature:

wallpapersig.png

wallpaperavatar.png

Did you make the whole thing or did you use a stock image?

Oh, and i wanna add a sig.

Electricitybalance.jpg

just a quick little project. :)

Edited by Balnce

I made the whole thing using, oh let's see, Tree Generator, Splatter, Gradient Bars, Twist, and maybe some other stuff. If enough people ask I may even make a tut for it.

@Balance:

Some of the letters are kinda hard to read, I think I like your current sig better, it looks more professional.

New ones:

sigII.png

sigII_vII.png

sigII_vIII.png

sigII_vIV.png

male stock by vishstudio.deviantart.com

red water lily from sxc.hu

water droplets sxc.hu

c4d from deviantart.com

the fourth is my favourite. :)

Edited by Kemaru

Wow, am i the only one that never uses stock images? Maybe i should start using them...

@Kemaru I really like the black and white one. I just prefer it and think it looks more sleek. :)

@Balance

I rarely use stock images. Only for really subtle things like things for the background that I make nearly transparent.

If noone is going to post one, I guess I will. I used a stock image of an American Flag, but everything else is PDN (Granted, I used fonts and a "Wingding" font or whatever you call it for the star)

Signature:

captainamericasigs.png

captainamericaavatar.png

Edited by Schnicka

It's okay. I like the rough texture, but I think the 'I' in 'CAPTAIN' is hard to see, I thought you had made a typo at first.

namesig2.png

Edited by Kemaru

Hey Schnicka, I think your current sig is great. Simple, and not to flashy.

markssig.jpg What do you think of my latest tag? I've always liked the water ripple effect.

Edited by NinjaManDan21

@NMD21 you can use the edit button. ripples are good and so is the raindrops(?). gradient bars gives it a mountain kind of look. overall good.

Rate please:

Ilostv2.png

hand made text. no fonts or anything

Edited by N00Bz

Okay, since it's handmade font, definite 10 for skill and effort. And despite just being some writing, suprisingly visually pleasing too. Great job man. :D

And rate my fave sigs?

15x1egh.jpgwre43m.jpg

• Upvote 2

@ N00Bz

Thanks, and yes, those are raindrops:) As for your avatar, very impressive for being hand-made! It's also good for a laugh.

@ TheHowler

I love your Ezio sig espeacially the faded cloud/dusty background. For the other one maybe try clarifying the lines on the one side, the light on his chest makes it harder to see. None-the-less good job.

What do you think of this?sringsig.jpg

Edited by NinjaManDan21

@ N00Bz

Thanks, and yes, those are raindrops:) As for your avatar, very impressive for being hand-made! It's also good for a laugh.

@ TheHowler

I love your Ezio sig espeacially the faded cloud/dusty background. For the other one maybe try clarifying the lines on the one side, the light on his chest makes it harder to see. None-the-less good job.

What do you think of this?sringsig.jpg

Believe it or not,the light is made by the lines :P

It happend when I set it to screen.

Believe it or not,the light is made by the lines :P

It happend when I set it to screen.

Oh!! ok that makes sense. I've had that before but yours looked like the light came from the stock image.

@N00Bz

Are you like reeeaaally into anime or something? (I saw your gallery which was very good btw)