Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

liam: pretty good for a first one ;) could need some blending and better text though ;) keep practising :)

Asylum: same as liam, pretty good for a first but needs some blending and new text maybe a different background to.

A logo I just made :)

logo11c.th.png

I like it very much :) the colours (even though its black n white almost :P) fits well and the lightsource is good. the text fits the sig very well to imo.

This certainly isnĀ“t hi-tech boltbait.big_smile.png but I recently did some candy and thought where else to use it, also tried to make candy style text.

candysig3_500.png

gunslingergirl.png

I think this is the best signature I've made, even if the render quality is pretty low (because I stupidly tried to do a high contrast glow and realized the flaw after I had saved). Critiques?

Well, the render is slightly pixelated. You can fix this by resizing the render before pasting it to your signature, it works for me. You should work on the background also, it's a little bit empty. Putting the render in the middle is not wrong, but negative space on both sides of a focal point is generally considered unappealing to the eye. There are exceptions, of course, but unless you're really really good and have a perfect vision of what you are making, it's best to start with a focal point placed a little left/right from the centre and a little above.

gorilla.png

gorillalowcontrast.png

I found a really nice render :) It's from planetrenders.net.

The C4Ds are from deviantART, and the background is a night-time cityscape of Istanbul, photo taken by me.

@Kemaru: i think i prefer the second one

@cyberodin: i think there is a bit much blood splatter and too much of the stuff is not on the actual rectangle "sig" part, but thats more of an oppinion