david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

Hey, I put these in the advanced critique section, but I wanted another opinion from here as well. I have only used PDN for 4 days. The one with the sniper I botched it, as it had a white background and I cut too much off erasing it. Be as hard as you want critiquing me, as that's how I learn thanks :)

zainpaint.jpgswitchback.jpgwhitepanicblur.jpg

Edited by Panic

They are all really basic, and the first one looks bad. No offense, of course. ;)

Last one is the best, love the text. :)

Thanks, no offense taken I know I botched the first one but I think they look really cool. I've only had paint.net for a few days and to me they look really nice :) but its nice to hear a different opinion.

I understand.

What do you guys think of this? Whipped it up quick.

werewolf_signature_by_chrisco97-d301b6m.png

And yes, I used the same technique as my God of War tag for the text. :lol:

Edited by chrisco97

@Panic:

The first one is a classic "newbie" (not n00b) sig: fire background, text with glow and a render - in this case, a gun. There isn't much to say about this signature. It isn't BAD, it's very basic and so common.

The second has a very interesting background, but quite frankly I can't think of any use for it. If the sig were only that background with slightly different colour scheme, it might be pretty good.

Try to use a colour other than red next time :)

@Chrisco: I think I've commented on this before in your gallery. I like the effects though they are subtle. You've got the light source in the right place as well! You could try going with a smaller focal next time :)

1p6qew.png

Checking if my ├╝ber1337hax smudging skillz0rz are still there... Still a WIP.

Man is a stock photo from http://vishstudio.deviantart.com

Rendered by me in PS

Is anyone still interested in a smudge tutorial? I ACTUALLY have time now :)

Edited by Kemaru

Good, but the left side's splatters seem out of place and neither the pink on the top right corner nor the green explosion on the left match the yellow reflection on the visor. Looks: 7.5/10 Composition: 7.5/10 Realism: 4.5/10 I'll give you a 6.5!

It's not your best. It's quite monotone and the scanlines in combination with your light source and the effects on your text give it a very flat look. I like the colour you chose, though, and the text would be great if only a little smaller.

Have you heard of The Rule of Thirds? You should try applying that to your signatures (and other artwork as well), it's visually pleasing. ;)

I have found the ULTIMATE smudging technique! It's a little more time consuming than normal but produces really great results.

fjlyrl.png

Notice how clean the edges are? No grey stuff there.

It's the same man again, stock by *vishstudio.

MAN text, Tahoma.

Splatters, a dingbat font called WC Rhesus Beta.

Background texture by ~ChanDang.

Edited by Kemaru

@ Kemaru

I have found the ULTIMATE smudging technique! It's a little more time consuming than normal but produces really great results.

SHARE SHARE SHARE SHARE. :lol:

@WhyHelloThere, It's a little big, but other wise it's quite nice. The Font used has a very nice "bubbly" feel to it B)

What do you guys think of this?

siggy28.png

Both sigs are on a very high level, very nice work.

@major: I really like the colours and the way like the renders matches the background.

@chrisco: same as major :D do you used the render for the background too?

edit: here's a new one

lightnings.png

Edited by Cortez

Well today I attempted my first render sig, and well I like it in a way buuut....how do you guys make it blend so well? O.o

RenderSigI.png?t=1287354935

Edited by St1cki3