Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

This is my first attempt at turning an image into a signature.

2mg5je1.jpg

Any little tips to make it better?

hmmm hard one... looks kinda sharpen and blurry to me a the same time... or I need some glasses *giggles*

Seems a little bit too busy and the flow just doesnt work.

What do you guys think of this so far? 100% PDN. The queen's a little bad to me but oh well.

30hx3c1.jpg

I'm hoping you aren't done with it yet, atleast match the shadow up with the pawn. :)

What do you mean?

Look where the edge of the shadow is coming from the pawn, it's not the same size.

Sigil_Top.png

Sigil_Bottom.png

(Click top half for DeviantArt gallery) (Click bottom half for Paint.NET gallery)

pretty kool briamoth maybe try putting in a gradient to show some more depth like shadows on the wall and floor to give a more 3 dimensional feel...

idk i could be wrong but i think it's worth a try just to see what you turn out with, anyway the worst you can do is stuff it up then undo back to the original state :P

how about this one, it's my first sig i've really used background stocks in...

Untitled-1.png

Simplicity For The Win!

Sig Battle Wins: ||

oithisissparta.png

Please Feel Free To Check Out

My Gallery

Hey guys I`m new to the forum.

I have been using PDN for some years now and i have to say it is great

I made this signature with pdn this afternoon, its Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins

what do you think of it?

(Btw, the avatar is bloody potato, I know, i`ll make a new one when i`ve time :wink: )

Greetings,

N3G

morrigansig.jpg

N3G Artwork

@Mendo: The background is cool but the render is just slapped on it with no real blending.

It also needs more foreground effects. I think it would look pretty nice if you just removed the render.

@N3G: Simple but nice. The flow isn't very good though, and the border could be better.

The background looks very good. I would cut the black "Made by N3G" bar off it. It's too close to the focal and kinda distracting.

I made a new banner for my gallery today. Click here if you'd like to check it out.

@gigabyte your sigs are okay but they could use some work, also the avatar could use some work as well. You have some good concepts there but you should spend some time experimenting and maybe take a look at some of the tutorials we have in the tutorials section they teach some great techniques that can be used for pretty much anything.

Here is a logo/avatar of sorts that i have made. This is the large version of it

bigsizedbarbedheart.png

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"