Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

@pipp92: Nice job. The effects look good but the background could be better. I'm gonna be a bit nitpick-y.

I don't think the smudgy things coming from his left shoulder fits there but it looks good nonetheless.

I don't like how the lines were cut off on the left side of his head. Try to blur it a bit so it's less visible.

The concrete column at the far left kinda annoys me. It doesn't fit there.

Other that that, very good.

I don't like the wireframes at all, or the orange C4Ds. The smudging is good, you should add more and set it to color dodge or additive; it seems dirty right now because it's black. Of course CD/Additive won't do anything if there's any bright parts in your smudging, so you should try throwing some yellow or olive green in there before smudging. Though you also need some black in it, color dodge looks better with a black background than with a transparent one.

If you want to use C4Ds/wireframes for such a static tag (the stock has no action in it), flow should be "slow" and short as opposed to "fast" and long, you don't want to use c4ds/wfs with long lines. If you did the color work (gradient mapping etc.) on the stock yourself, I tip my hat to you.

I agree about the concrete wall, you should try getting rid of it and continuing the metal fence and the sky.

All in all, a good start, but also a lot of room for improvement :]

I like it. Nice colors, and the effects look good. The left side is better, in my opinion. The smudging on the right side looks a bit overdone.

The only flaw I see is the blue-green smudge on the far right. It doesn't fit at all. Change it to purple like the rest and it will be much better.

Good job.

Awesome, Pipp! I wish I could make something like that. :mrgreen:

anyone like my first successful smudge sig>?

carsmudgesig.png

I have to agree with the above. The teal/blue/green or whatever smoke doesn't fit in with the rest. As far as I can tell it looks good for anything besides that. Keep it up :).

I think this is my first decent grunge signature

epicsig2.jpg

What ya think?

epicsig2.jpg

Awesome, Pipp! I wish I could make something like that. :mrgreen:

anyone like my first successful smudge sig>?

carsmudgesig.png

It's not very successful, it's messy.

Look at Pipp's Banks tag, you see how the smudging is shaped (not the texture, the triangle shape of it)? This is what you should be going for. Not smudging all over. Try a hard round brush, 50% quality, 10-15px. :wink:

new navigation bar signature wheee!

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

The render is too bright and doesn't blend in with the background at all. Change the color of the background so it fits the render (or vice versa).

The background looks flat with no depth so the render looks pasted on. There's no real flow.

There's too much empty space to the left, in my opinion. I dislike the white pixels around Spidey's bright spots.

It's not all bad, though. I like the fractal you put under the text and the background looks pretty good.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh :?

The Spiderman render is way to bright compared to the dull background. I happen to like the white pixels but I think their opacity should be a bit lower.

2qipfs0.jpg

My first real attempt at smudging.

1z6ds9k.jpg

That's a huge avatar :lol: nice job on it but I think the color should be different than purple for the background because it makes it hard to see the lady and the border color doesn't match :wink: