Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

Nice job. It's a fun technique. All that layer duplication and flipping :)

For those of you who want to try this, my technique is to work on the left half of the image only. To make the right hand side, duplicate the left layer then flip vertically and horizontally.

hi people, i have been told to post here.

Im hoping to get your opinion on what you all think about the colors i have chosen for my logo, before i post my image, is it possible to get persmission to post 5 images on one post. i noticed the threads rule is one image per person per day, which i do totally understand why its there,

or people could just look for the locked thread entitled "newbie looking for a lot of help, web page logo's" in general discussions and post there opinion here or PM me there thoughts.

thanks in advance

Gaz

You are posting a question about a single image. You have five versions of your image that you wish to compare, but it's still one question about one image.

Anyhow, I liked the second one best for its contrast. It's a whole lot easier to read than the others.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Ok thanks for clearing that up, had two post locked in two days so just wanted to make sure :)

the first and second are my favorites also, i'm trying for a natural feel for the logo, fair trade eco feel.

th_gaznik4.jpg

th_gaznik3.jpg

th_gaznik2.jpg

th_gaznik1.jpg

th_gaznik.jpg

Hope these IMG thumb's have kept there size down for the forum

Edited by gaz9012

#1 at small sizes, #4 at larger sizes.  I think this is a great hand-drawn look!  Nice stuff.  Sorry about the lock.  Gotta do what I gotta do.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'd go greener still from #2.  This would give it a friendlier flavor.  The darker green of #2 is a bit stern.

yhsjjie-290.png

thanks for your input guys. i do like the light green you have chosen. going to have a look at what its like a lot bigger and email it to my people to get the view.

no worries about the lock outs, just glad to be pointed in the right direction to where i can get some help and advise. :)

HI people, sorry to post straight after another post. a little time has passed though.

I've come to stand still with my project and hoping for some input please, fonts colours and layout.

look forward to what you all think

th_mastergaznikcompleat1.jpg

Plus:  Love the tree and the top text.  These two elements look like they belong together.

Minus:  To me the "Ethically Trading" text does not gel with the overall design.  It's characters are upright, rigid and formal.  The opposite of the style of the "Gaznik" text.  Try a hand-written type of font in simple black?

I need help with this. What else should I do to make this look better?

fvn.jpg

bfn.jpg

Gengar~

IMHO the background is too plain. It needs more activity. See Welshblue's sig for an example.

Anyone want to suggest a finish for this texture?

yhsjjie-771.png

I worked on it some more and got this:

fvn.jpg

Where can I find a tutorial to get a backround like Welshblues?

Edited by Gallade

bfn.jpg

Gengar~

i'd like to pass comment on your project, but as a novice i have no idea what i am talking about lol. i do like your sig better than you other attempt. To me the blurr effect is a little over used. but like i say am a compleat novice.

What do people think about my new attempt on my project. i tried it in black with no shadow, it was nice but i think the shadow makes it look a little more pro, thoughts please :)

th_mastergaznikcompleat2.png

Thanks Welshy. It has me beat. It just looks.... unfinished somehow.

Look forward to your thoughts on it.

@gaz:Now you have a logo to be proud of! I like that a lot. Tried it without the exclaimation mark?

The darker background certainly offsets the bright orange better. Thanks Welshy!

For my thumbnail after every post, I just toke a picture off Google images, blurred it and shadowed it, then toke my profile picture, put it on the left and shadowed that as well. After that, I just added some text. It only toke like two minutes but here you go:

CrimdensThumbnail_zpse0e482e3.jpg

Edited by Crimden

Crimden,

Be careful doing that.  Most (if not all) images returned by a standard Google image search are not free use.  You could conceivably receive a takedown notice.  I'd recommend searching for images that are licensed under Creative Commons or Public Domain.  The images in my sig and avatar, for example, are from the Press Kit for Stargate Universe and allowed to be used publicly.  (Geeze, they're old!)

Anyway, be careful.  :-)

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 months later...

My problem with images is that the thumbnails are just those generic things. I think mine are mountains. Anyhow not seeing the actual thumbnail of my images which makes it difficult to edit as I have to guess which is which. 

I posted this somewhere else but think since it's image related I was supposed to post here. Any ideas, advice or suggestions appreciated. Thanks! Just saw that someone is helping me on the other discussion board. :))

Edited by hope7

• 1 month later...

My biggest and most frustrating issue is still getting nice clean cut outs. Before with my other software which shall remain nameless, I would use the magic wand, especially simple and neat if the pic you're cutting out is on a white background. But with PDN, I am seriously struggling in this dept. So, how can I cut this out nicely with PDN

MelStargate-6_zps07235a7b.jpg

to achieve something like this?

SGTEAMZEROPOINT5_zps0bed68af.jpg

yes, it was done on my old software :(

NewCatesiggy_zps1bc90d52.jpg

"Geek is me"

Plain white background = I'd use the AlphaSpace plugin ;)  Others might recommend Grim Color Reaper.  Horses for courses.

Thanks Ego, I read it...okay I have learning difficulties, I did not understand that at all? How does it work? I read it through 3 times and the responses and I still can't figure it out :(

NewCatesiggy_zps1bc90d52.jpg

"Geek is me"

Ok, here's the slightly more verbose version of my answer (I was in a hurry :) ).

This plugin AlphaSpace is generally the one I reach for when I want to remove a simple black or white background.  If you follow the link the demo images should make it's function clear.  Honestly - it's a doddle to use.

Grim Color Reaper does much the same, but there are a lot more options for removing any single color.  It is a more complicated plugin than AlphaSpace.

Which one you use is entirely up to you.  There are many more plugins and ways to remove backgrounds ;)  These two plugins generally are the ones recommended for the task.