Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

i really think u got a gr8 spacescape i was working on 1 of mine when i looked at yours and mine now feels like it looks like bloody potato xD! anyways, i was trying to create a stone to put in a field but it kinda looks off and i didnt like how it looked alone so i made u a gradient bg..help D:

stonex.jpg

it isn't THAT bad...

~the top edge is a little too dark...maybe you should try to remove the small strip of total blackness that goes...all the way around the rock?

~on the bottom, the dimly lit portion should be darker. If this is an asteroid, stars don't emit enough light to get something to be that bright.

~Put a few bulges on the lighted portions of your asteroid...that will help make the top look a little less like a flat slab of rock

btw...nice rock! how did you make the texture?

i drew a basic shape of a rock, then duplicated it and gave it shading in greyscale and blurred it, then did rendered flames then embossed it and set the layer to multiply i think and i had a lower opacity scratch texture inbetween from a brush

the dark outline around it is only there cuz i thought the rock looked kinda cut out =\

maybe bulges will help make it less cut out thx xP

i drew a basic shape of a rock, then duplicated it and gave it shading in greyscale and blurred it, then did rendered flames then embossed it and set the layer to multiply i think and i had a lower opacity scratch texture inbetween from a brush

the dark outline around it is only there cuz i thought the rock looked kinda cut out =\

maybe bulges will help make it less cut out thx xP

Hey guys, I'm trying to make my first signature and well... I'm not sure where to go from here. Any and all tips are appreciated. Well thanks in advance.

mysig.png

I'm thinking you could vary the background behind each gutarist (psychedelic for Jimi, etc).

The text needs a little something, regardless...it looks out-of-place...

Hey guys, I'm trying to make my first signature and well... I'm not sure where to go from here. Any and all tips are appreciated. Well thanks in advance.

mysig.png

I'm thinking you could vary the background behind each gutarist (psychedelic for Jimi, etc).

mysig.png

mysig.png

Well I have a question for the nearly finished picture below. I see some booboo's an I'm not sure how they got there...it's what I get for working on it at 4AM. >.> Anyway, in a stupid rush I saved it, with the images flattened instead of saving it in PDN. I was wondering if there was anyway to make the mistakes less noticeable or in a farce to make the picture have some...'character'

Also, can you give your honest opinion on it, maybe a hint as where to go with the 'Road Sign'. I already know I'd like to add a few old tut's to it, the bullet hole/shattered tut's, but I'm stuck on what else to do with it, like would adding blood or a 'dead animal' be too much.

Oh, an yes I used clouds because the 'Rust' tut wasn't working, for some reason, the 'fire' plugin just didn't look right for what ever reason.

The picture in question.

wasteland1.th.png

Well I have a question for the nearly finished picture below. I see some booboo's an I'm not sure how they got there...it's what I get for working on it at 4AM. >.> Anyway, in a stupid rush I saved it, with the images flattened instead of saving it in PDN. I was wondering if there was anyway to make the mistakes less noticeable or in a farce to make the picture have some...'character'

Also, can you give your honest opinion on it, maybe a hint as where to go with the 'Road Sign'. I already know I'd like to add a few old tut's to it, the bullet hole/shattered tut's, but I'm stuck on what else to do with it, like would adding blood or a 'dead animal' be too much.

Oh, an yes I used clouds because the 'Rust' tut wasn't working, for some reason, the 'fire' plugin just didn't look right for what ever reason.

The picture in question.

wasteland1.th.png

The picture in question.

wasteland1.th.png

The picture in question.

wasteland1.th.png

Well, the clouds didn't really give the "rust"-sorta feeling on the roadsign. I suggest some frosted glass, or noise. Plus, the roadsign shouldn't be so transpararent.

The water and cliff look good, except it needs a little more depth, so I think adding a few shadows where the cliff and water meet would give it that last touch. It looks good though. There's not that much work to be done to have your finished product.

Well, the clouds didn't really give the "rust"-sorta feeling on the roadsign. I suggest some frosted glass, or noise. Plus, the roadsign shouldn't be so transpararent.

The water and cliff look good, except it needs a little more depth, so I think adding a few shadows where the cliff and water meet would give it that last touch. It looks good though. There's not that much work to be done to have your finished product.

To start off, let me just say that you've got an interesting background there. I've never seen anything like it (in a good way of course :wink: )

Anyways, I agree with meow that the sign shouldn't be so transparent, but since it's already flattened you can't really do much about it other than creating a new rectangle above it and try again. I also notice jagged gray things coming out from the sides and bottom of your sign, as if you had usedthe magic wand there or something.

Other than that, it's a nice shot for a person new to PdN :)

To start off, let me just say that you've got an interesting background there. I've never seen anything like it (in a good way of course :wink: )

Anyways, I agree with meow that the sign shouldn't be so transparent, but since it's already flattened you can't really do much about it other than creating a new rectangle above it and try again. I also notice jagged gray things coming out from the sides and bottom of your sign, as if you had usedthe magic wand there or something.

Thanks, I forgot to explain why the road sign was transpartent...other than the fact that I didn't want to loose all of the 'hills' in the background, it's also that way because it's being used on another site as a profile body. I didn't feel like fooling around with glossy buttons atm, so I left the whole thing like that.

Here's a link to see the profile.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/

Warning...its a heavy image an has been made into a gif.

Also, do not fear...the playlist isn't on Auto set, lmao.

Here's just the road sign.

flashinglights.th.png

Thank you both, I noticed the little clippings when I was editing it again for gifmation. :3

Thanks, I forgot to explain why the road sign was transpartent...other than the fact that I didn't want to loose all of the 'hills' in the background, it's also that way because it's being used on another site as a profile body. I didn't feel like fooling around with glossy buttons atm, so I left the whole thing like that.

Here's a link to see the profile.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/

Warning...its a heavy image an has been made into a gif.

Also, do not fear...the playlist isn't on Auto set, lmao.

Here's just the road sign.

flashinglights.th.png

Thank you both, I noticed the little clippings when I was editing it again for gifmation. :3