Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

Hi

i have some trouble with a tutorial (unfortunately for photoshop)

this is what i got from it:

Hidden Content:
Gesteinsmaske.jpg

this is where the tutorial can be found:

Link

My problem is nearly at the end of this tutorial: it is said to use a hue about 218, but pdn has only til 180

Has someone got an idea how to imitate this effect? (i've tried some other settings like black&white, etc but it did not work out :( )

thanks for help in advance :wink:

Hi

Hidden Content:
Gesteinsmaske.jpg

Link

My problem is nearly at the end of this tutorial: it is said to use a hue about 218, but pdn has only til 180

Has someone got an idea how to imitate this effect? (i've tried some other settings like black&white, etc but it did not work out :( )

Adjusting the hue, all depends on your starting color.

From the looks of the PS tut, adjust the hue to bluish.

Hi folks

I'm hoping someone has got an idea/ way to re-create the spikes on a mace ? To save me from finding a real one and hitting myself on the head with it :D

macehelp.png

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated ...

Hi folks

I'm hoping someone has got an idea/ way to re-create the spikes on a mace ? To save me from finding a real one and hitting myself on the head with it :D

th_macehelp.png

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated ...

S3D, Cylinder, 1 Ball end, Octagonal/Quad Reshape/Matt.

th_c9306cc2.jpg

@ Pophiri thanks :D

I used this tutorial Click and played around with different blend modes and Effects>>>Photo>>> Glow and Soften portrait

It's basically a lot of shrinking/ stretching bits you like until you get a result your happy with. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the wood look tip Welshblue.

I have been trying to create a fantasy scene. I can see that it isn't right, but I am not sure what I need to fix. Unfortunately I should have started with a higher resolution, but can't change that now. I think my problems relate to the body and head of the dragon. Any ideas?

dragon.jpg

Hi

Hidden Content:
Gesteinsmaske.jpg

Link

Adjusting the hue, all depends on your starting color.

From the looks of the PS tut, adjust the hue to bluish.

[/size]

Yeah, ash put a good point. I have photoshop CS4 extended. They put their hue from 1-255. Paint.NET has it from 1-180. So 218 is a blueish color, so, if you want to do it mathmatically. find what percent 218 is of 255 and then find X% of 180 :P so if 218 is 10% of 255, then you would find 90% of 180 (100% minus 10% = 90%...)

If you want to do it the easy way. Try saving the picture file from the tut and using color picker :D Or just find a blueish color like in the tut XD

-Jayed

PS- the sizing thing for the text posting formater on here is like messed up ._.

No need for percentages. Just divide the given PS value by the max PS value and multiply by the max PDN value. So, just do (218/255)*180 and you'll get the PDN value.

To save the hassle of doing this a lot of times for so many different values, i just made a spreadsheet where i can just plug the numbers in and it'll just update the cell to show the PDN value. And vice versa. :)

Are we on to another image now? If so, I'd like some feedback on my newest space wallpaper. I'm fairly happy with it about now, but if anyone has any advice, this is the time to let me know.

Hidden Content:
t_almostdonem_8e8d872.jpg

Are we on to another image now? If so, I'd like some feedback on my newest space wallpaper. I'm fairly happy with it about now, but if anyone has any advice, this is the time to let me know.

Hidden Content:

I see at least 5 black dots being there for no reason, I can point them out to you if you can't see em.

The shine from the 2 stars on the right and 2 on the left side a bit too uniform, IMO. It doesn't always look like cross and all at the same angle, you know...

Other than that, one of the best space scenes done in PDN, lovely.

Hidden Content:

I see at least 5 black dots being there for no reason, I can point them out to you if you can't see em.

The shine from the 2 stars on the right and 2 on the left side a bit too uniform, IMO. It doesn't always look like cross and all at the same angle, you know...

Other than that, one of the best space scenes done in PDN, lovely.

I can't tell, my screens too dirty. :oops:

I can add some variety there, so it doesn't look like a cut and paste job. Thanks Ash!

I can't tell, my screens too dirty. :oops:

I can add some variety there, so it doesn't look like a cut and paste job. Thanks Ash!

It is a little bit late (i've been away) but i want to thank alle the people who answered my question. i will try this out when i have time ( in about a week^^)

Thx

Tilo

It is a little bit late (i've been away) but i want to thank alle the people who answered my question. i will try this out when i have time ( in about a week^^)

Thx

Tilo

Hidden Content:

Very nice piece of artwork...I have just a few things to say.

~you need stars in the top left corner and on the bottom...unless there is a reason you left those places black. I'm thinking it has something to do with the nebula. Maybe you could just add some noise with the coverage at a low setting.

~The quality of the picture of the nebula is much lower than the quality of the planets. I'm guessing you took the nebula from a different picture and pasted it on yours. If you still have the picture separated into layers, try shrinking just the nebula so that the details look like details and not small fuzzy splotches on your picture.

I hope I'm actually helpful and not the noob I called myself :D

Hidden Content:

Very nice piece of artwork...I have just a few things to say.

~you need stars in the top left corner and on the bottom...unless there is a reason you left those places black. I'm thinking it has something to do with the nebula. Maybe you could just add some noise with the coverage at a low setting.

~The quality of the picture of the nebula is much lower than the quality of the planets. I'm guessing you took the nebula from a different picture and pasted it on yours. If you still have the picture separated into layers, try shrinking just the nebula so that the details look like details and not small fuzzy splotches on your picture.

I hope I'm actually helpful and not the noob I called myself :D

i really think u got a gr8 spacescape i was working on 1 of mine when i looked at yours and mine now feels like it looks like bloody potato xD! anyways, i was trying to create a stone to put in a field but it kinda looks off and i didnt like how it looked alone so i made u a gradient bg..help D:

stonex.jpg

i really think u got a gr8 spacescape i was working on 1 of mine when i looked at yours and mine now feels like it looks like bloody potato xD! anyways, i was trying to create a stone to put in a field but it kinda looks off and i didnt like how it looked alone so i made u a gradient bg..help D:

stonex.jpg

stonex.jpg

it isn't THAT bad...

~the top edge is a little too dark...maybe you should try to remove the small strip of total blackness that goes...all the way around the rock?

~on the bottom, the dimly lit portion should be darker. If this is an asteroid, stars don't emit enough light to get something to be that bright.

~Put a few bulges on the lighted portions of your asteroid...that will help make the top look a little less like a flat slab of rock

btw...nice rock! how did you make the texture?