Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

Try doing rough clouds for the beard, and then smudging it on another layer, and turning the opacity down. You could do that for the hair, too. Also try throwing some noise onto the hair and beard, to make it look more rough. And on the staff, and other parts of the body, the fill isn't complete and has some open spaces near the edges. Try a higher tolerance for paint bucket/magic wand, to get the whole selection in. Nice work so far, though.

Is what i'm hoping to make.

This is my first post and i plan on posting my gallery soon but for the moment i was hoping anyone could give me help/advice/hints/tips :)

Heres what i have so far:

wireas_th.jpg

Heres a nice li'l list of things i'd appreciate advice on :Angel:

• The top bit of the ship, i want either rectangular sections with lighting? How would i go about this?
    The, what i'll describe as a "Cockpit" to be more, real? I will be putting an alien in there but i want it more Glass-like than Bubble-like
    The grass to be a bit better (I may rely on Photography [or stock image] which may be easier as i want the stickman to be Me when i get around to it :) )
    And i was wondering with the outline, there is a slight white mark where the colour has been edited, and you can see nearer the bottom of the ship i've been touching it up, but is there not a quicker method? Currently it's literally :ZoomIn: :ColorPicker: :PencilTool: haha..
    Also, is there a kind of distortion similar to Bulge but with more options? For the tracterbeam I used Polar Inversion on a straight laser to make it spread wider towards the bottom, but it's only got me so far and i want to be able to stretch it with an unlimited capacity, or like (realistically) to a 1200px bottom line (in white) with the yellow blur being constant upwards. Any help there?

And one final thing?

Criticisms and Suggestions

Please and Thank You

Anything will be useful

he says hopefully

---------------

And My First Post Is Over

Striving For Excellence Motivates You;

Striving For Perfection Will Demoralise.

I believe this tutorial will help you with the bubble-like top to your UFO

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Actually, ZiZoiz, he doesn't want it to look like a bubble, more like glass. :wink:

Forgive me if these possible solutions are out of order, I just typed them up as they came to me. :)

1.For your coloring problems (the white spaces), you should try a new approach to coloring. What I usually do when I'm in this situation is:

• New Layer
    Draw the outline of a shape. Any color works, because you can always change it later.
    Fill in the outline of the shape with the same color, with 69-70% tolerance, depending on line thickness. There may be some gaps that you will have to fill in in the outline.
    Then, if you choose to change the color, you can use the Recolor tool, set to 0% tolerance, because everything is the same color.
    Try to do all the pieces and shapes on separate layers, so it is easy to recolor.

2.For the grass, there are numerous tutorials on how to create grass in the Tutorials section. ZiZoiz himself even created some realistic grass, you may want to ask him for pointers. :wink:

3.When you say, "rectangular sections with lighting," I'm not sure what you mean. Kind of like windows with light coming out from them? If not, could you please elaborate more?

4.I'm not sure there is a more advanced version of Bulge, but I think there probably is some plugin out there that could work for you, although I wouldn't know, I'm not very involved in plugins, some of the I still haven't updated for v3.3.

5.Glass is hard to replicate because of all the reflections/refractions, only a few members of these forums have mastered this material as of yet, and they are reluctant to share their secrets (not that they're being mean, they just want us to learn for ourselves).

Hope this helps! :D

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Actually, ZiZoiz, he doesn't want it to look like a bubble, more like glass.

hmm. True. That would be more difficult, but the bubble tutorial still might help, as glass and bubbles tend to have highlights in the same places.

2.For the grass, there are numerous tutorials on how to create grass in the Tutorials section. ZiZoiz themself even created some realistic grass, you may want to ask them for pointers. :wink:

my method takes a good while, though. :?

Sorry for posting in wrong topic Ash

"General Discussion & Questions.. ...do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!" seemed like the right place, i never thought of looking in the Pictorium, but it's found it's way home now :)

What method might that be? I'm open to any suggestions..

And that bubble tut may actually help, although Step 12 will confuse me no doubts

(http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2546&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bubble)

1.For your coloring problems (the white spaces), you should try a new approach to coloring. What I usually do when I'm in this situation is:

• New Layer
    Draw the outline of a shape. Any color works, because you can always change it later.
    Fill in the outline of the shape with the same color, with 69-70% tolerance, depending on line thickness. There may be some gaps that you will have to fill in in the outline.
    Then, if you choose to change the color, you can use the Recolor tool, set to 0% tolerance, because everything is the same color.
    Try to do all the pieces and shapes on separate layers, so it is easy to recolor.

Seems like the best bet :)

2.For the grass, there are numerous tutorials on how to create grass in the Tutorials section. ZiZoiz himself even created some realistic grass, you may want to ask him for pointers. :wink:

I used the Fur tut as my basic outline, Rectangles-Gaus Blur-Jitter-SinWaves-Rotate-Layer, and i tried to get the waves in a position where they looked like the pressure is spreading it in a circle

3.When you say, "rectangular sections with lighting," I'm not sure what you mean. Kind of like windows with light coming out from them?

That's exactly what i meant, but i was worried that through saying Windows i'd be flooded with more glass/bubble tuts :)

4.I'm not sure there is a more advanced version of Bulge, but I think there probably is some plugin out there that could work for you

I've gone through a few, so far Polar Inversion's the best bet it seems (if i set it right ;))

5.Glass is hard to replicate because of all the reflections/refractions

That's why i'm thinking the bubble tut may suit, with the whole design being cartoon-like? A realistic bubble'd look like cartoon glass, i think?

Hope this helps! :D

Only a lot :D

I'll be sure to give it all a shot when i get home tonight - the Mrs is on her way up, gotta babysit her sibs

I believe this tutorial will help you with the bubble-like top to your UFO

Thanks to you too, i'll make a version with that too

Sorry again Ash, first post and all :)

Striving For Excellence Motivates You;

Striving For Perfection Will Demoralise.

What method might that be? I'm open to any suggestions..

And that bubble tut may actually help, although Step 12 will confuse me no doubts

step 12 I don't think is necessary for the sort of glass bubble you're looking to achieve, though. :D

and also, my method goes like this:

with 3 custom brushes and 4 colors: really dark green, dark green, green, light green, stamp out the general shape of the grass in the darkest color, using all three shapes. Then, use the next lightest, then some patches of the darkest color, then color with the lighter green, then normal green, then the second darkest green, then the lightest green, then the normal green, then the .. well, you get the picture. :P If you want the brushes, just PM me

I'm totally obsessed with black and white images!

Anyway, I have a small problem. I'm trying to make a sig tag for a forum about a game that I am heavily addicted too. Well my problem is... I'm not sure what the see through lines on my image are called and I'm not sure if I'm doing them right. If I at least knew what they were called, I would try a search. Let me just show you all what I mean...

TS2SigTag_01000.jpg

Those are the little clear lines that I'm trying to figure out how to do right. I've seen them on other images and I'm not sure if I'm going about doing them the right way. Feel free to give me as many tips, or opinions, or help as you want. I need it. For some reason, I'm not good with sig tags.

I sniff scratch and sniff stickers because licking windows is over-rated.

Draw those lines on a new layer, lower the layer's opacity.

I did the othr layer bit, but how much should I lower the opacity to?

Ok, I shall play around with that some more and try out your suggestion. Thank you!

Well, I'm trying to get back into paint.net again, and after some work, I've come up with a potential new signature. It's getting there but I feel like it could use something more.

WIP_Sig_by_CNewo.png

Looking at it now, I'm definitely thinking it needs some type of border. Any other suggestions?

I think the text should be sketchyer or mabye have some lines form the background overlap it. Other than that i like it.

finalsig6.jpg

My subconscious is consciously aware that I am subconsciously unconscious.

:cry:

been trying for ages to get more realistic flowers

but still not there need some help how do you make the petals appear to have a bit of thickness but not chunky looking? as they are now they have no substance, they should be thicker than paper!

th_needhelpondoingabitbetterpetals.png

Something like this?

Blooming_Marvelous___Flowers___by_0_ASH_0.jpg

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]