Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe a meteor, a black hole (that would be interesting), and the spaceship from 2001: A Space Odyssey (that would seriously be cool), a man with a cup of tea (don't ya love that one?), a floating astronaut, a space shuttle, an aurora occurring in the atmosphere of the planet, there's millions of ideas!

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

All the stars are blue, which makes it look very flat. For more realism, try using the Add Noise function to create a basic field, then use the brush tool to create a few larger ones. Also, the extremely harsh shadow does not match the rather smooth and gradual highlight. My suggestion would be to make the glow surround it much brighter (somewhat similar to what CommanderSozo has done on his planet piece).

try making an eclipse or something on the dark side of the planet to make it stand out more

redsig.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@ ptuZ Shoe looking good so far. I would maybe try making a texture for the fabric of the shoe and perhaps try to add some more shading to give it a more 3D feeling.

As for the horror background I noticed the black or dark gray areas in between the white noise stuff. Maybe you could try to "hide" some scary looking shapes in the picture. Just a suggestion, I think it's pretty cool as it is :)

Here's a small example, a skull shape hidden in a part of your background:

skull.png

Perhaps make it a bit more subtle than what I have done if you chose to do this.

Good luck

dragonseyesig.png

• 4 weeks later...

BombyUnder.png

Hmm...Well, what do you guys think? For me, it doesn't look real enough. :/

Edited by St1cki3

RFSig_sd.png

musicbar.php?username=St1cki3&color=grey

looks nice, but I would suggest getting rid of the red or replacing it with a more realistic shine (instead of cartoon-style rounded lines shape). What is it supposed to be? if you found an example picture on the web, you could work towards making it similar to that, down to that last detail.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I think making the red blend in more with the (bomb?) object, it would be more realistic. Try using "Overlay" in the blend modes for a good blending. I think it is realitic otherwise.

looks nice, but I would suggest getting rid of the red or replacing it with a more realistic shine (instead of cartoon-style rounded lines shape). What is it supposed to be? if you found an example picture on the web, you could work towards making it similar to that, down to that last detail.

Lol, that red thing is supposed to be a vein(?) (not sure either); kind of like in those cartoons when someone gets irritated or angry and their veins pop out hehe. There is an example picture, but it's not detailed and I'm trying to make a 3D version of it.

I think making the red blend in more with the (bomb?) object, it would be more realistic. Try using "Overlay" in the blend modes for a good blending. I think it is realitic otherwise.

Yes it's an old school bomb =P. I will take that info for future pictures thanks ;).

Edited by St1cki3

RFSig_sd.png

Just finished a project I've been working on. (Tyreal, the angel from Diablo)

Something about it just doesn't look right.

th_Tyrealswingstest2TyrealPNG.png

(It's in 720p)

Things I like:

His wings

The blade of his sword

Any suggestions would be helpful.

(He has no feet, don't ask me why)

I loved that game, and it's Tyrael :P

But, the wings shouldn't line up against his spine. They should come from a midpoint. And, you could do more for his right arm. Overall, I liked it :)

ArmyOf2copy-1.jpg

Here's a pic of an adidas shoe i made, how could i do to make it look more "real" tips please :)

adishoe.png

You have a nice shoe. I'm sorry if my example ruin your good shoe. Well, different shades of lighting and color give the illusion of 3D and texture. Try beveling some parts, add new layer and set to overlay then play around with texture and see which you like. My example, I went for a fuzzy tennis ball texture and use linear gradient from back to front of shoe with some beveling. Hope this is some what helpful. Again, sorry if ruined your good shoe.

adishoemod.png

sighhexratt1.jpg

BombyUnder.png

Hmm...Well, what do you guys think? For me, it doesn't look real enough. :/

You have just inspired me. Sorry, xmario, for turning one of your magic sphere tutorial into a bomb. Again, proper use of lighting including placement of shadows and hi-lights will help make the object tend to look more real. My example lighting source is from top left to bottom right.

thumb_bomb.jpg

sighhexratt1.jpg

Lol, that red thing is supposed to be a vein(?) (not sure either); kind of like in those cartoons when someone gets irritated or angry and their veins pop out hehe. There is an example picture, but it's not detailed and I'm trying to make a 3D version of it.
lol I see XD In that case, it's almost perfect...just add those 3D effects (or blend it like chrisco mentioned) and you'll be all set! I loled when hexratt posted the bomb (which is nice btw...). That is the first thing I thought when seeing your pic ^^

@hexratt nice bomb. I would suggest you made the burning part of the fuse glow red a little (add red in a color burn layer?) and make the flame a little more 3D (some behind the fuse and some in front). If you made the piece that overlaps the fuse as it shoots off towards the bottom right "behind" the fuse, it might give you a 3D flame effect.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

@hexratt I inspired someone?! =D Btw, how did you do the fuse? I've been trying but I can't seem to figure it out.

@pdnnoob Will do!

RFSig_sd.png

@hexratt I inspired someone?! =D Btw, how did you do the fuse? I've been trying but I can't seem to figure it out.

I'm always looking for inspiration to make something. Thanks. For the fuse, make a long rectangle shape with line tool or rectangle shape tool fill white. Then on new layer make a candy cane stripe with black, use gaussian blur to give it a dark shade. Merged it down, use linear gradient from left to right, bevel it. Finally, apply distort twist. Play around with settings to see what works best.

Add fire to fuse if you like. Use the technique that pdnnoob described to give it more 3D look. You should have fire and smoke layer below and above the burning or exploding object layer for more 3D like appearance. Have fun with it and post your result; show us what you've made.

Edited by hexratt
sighhexratt1.jpg

BombyFIN.png

Well, here's the final image. Not much has changed though. But a big thanks to all who helped! ^_^

RFSig_sd.png

It looks fantastic with more of a 3D feel to it now and not flat like original. I see shadows, hi-lights, reflection, and perspective point going back towards top left corner. Those are some big changes. You're doing great.

sighhexratt1.jpg