Image Hospital: Help With Image Problems Here!

david.atwell

Well, the clouds didn't really give the "rust"-sorta feeling on the roadsign. I suggest some frosted glass, or noise. Plus, the roadsign shouldn't be so transpararent.

The water and cliff look good, except it needs a little more depth, so I think adding a few shadows where the cliff and water meet would give it that last touch. It looks good though. There's not that much work to be done to have your finished product.

label.png

WARNING: May scratch, bite, or do any sort of feisty action. Beware.

Well, the clouds didn't really give the "rust"-sorta feeling on the roadsign. I suggest some frosted glass, or noise. Plus, the roadsign shouldn't be so transpararent.

The water and cliff look good, except it needs a little more depth, so I think adding a few shadows where the cliff and water meet would give it that last touch. It looks good though. There's not that much work to be done to have your finished product.

label.png

label.png

To start off, let me just say that you've got an interesting background there. I've never seen anything like it (in a good way of course :wink: )

Anyways, I agree with meow that the sign shouldn't be so transparent, but since it's already flattened you can't really do much about it other than creating a new rectangle above it and try again. I also notice jagged gray things coming out from the sides and bottom of your sign, as if you had usedthe magic wand there or something.

Other than that, it's a nice shot for a person new to PdN :)

To start off, let me just say that you've got an interesting background there. I've never seen anything like it (in a good way of course :wink: )

Anyways, I agree with meow that the sign shouldn't be so transparent, but since it's already flattened you can't really do much about it other than creating a new rectangle above it and try again. I also notice jagged gray things coming out from the sides and bottom of your sign, as if you had usedthe magic wand there or something.

Thanks, I forgot to explain why the road sign was transpartent...other than the fact that I didn't want to loose all of the 'hills' in the background, it's also that way because it's being used on another site as a profile body. I didn't feel like fooling around with glossy buttons atm, so I left the whole thing like that.

Here's a link to see the profile.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/

Warning...its a heavy image an has been made into a gif.

Also, do not fear...the playlist isn't on Auto set, lmao.

Here's just the road sign.

flashinglights.th.png

Thank you both, I noticed the little clippings when I was editing it again for gifmation. :3

Thanks, I forgot to explain why the road sign was transpartent...other than the fact that I didn't want to loose all of the 'hills' in the background, it's also that way because it's being used on another site as a profile body. I didn't feel like fooling around with glossy buttons atm, so I left the whole thing like that.

flashinglights.th.png

Thank you both, I noticed the little clippings when I was editing it again for gifmation. :3

flashinglights.th.png

flashinglights.th.png

• 3 weeks later...

I made this image a couple of days ago and now I'm out of inspiration. I need some feedback on the background and some ideas for the switch.

th_Lavalamp-2.png

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

I made this image a couple of days ago and now I'm out of inspiration. I need some feedback on the background and some ideas for the switch.

th_Lavalamp-2.png

Highlight of glass need to be bent, distortion of background doesn't look right(don't use wavy lines, try lens or bulge), as for button...You have your imagination on your side, yes?

Oh, and give the lamp shadows.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

• 2 weeks later...

Let me preface by saying this wasn't my corny idea...I have a friend who works with Catholic youth and begged me for a favor.

What I need help with is how to add the gray shadows to the letters I've put in. I'm having a hard time keeping the curves crisp like the stock image.

Any advice?

th_GodOurHero7.png

Edit: Here's an example of what I'm getting if you look at the first O; this is with an insanely long list of steps including duplicating the layer, darkening it, cropping it, feathering, cursing...

th_GodOurHero9.png

• 2 weeks later...