double loading paintbrushes

it would be nice if whenever any of the tools come into the radar screen to be worked on if it was possible to load a paint brush similar to like when you do actual tole painting. a color on each side of the brush giving instant gradiants along a brush line.

maybe someone has a work around for that type of thing already and would share.

yes just a pipe dream I'm sure. You never know those fellows developing this program might just have some tricks up their sleeves for version 4 +. thought I'd just get my wish in there before they really get down to business revamping the brush system and let them know what the peons want. .... :wink:

ciao

no more like the top one in this picture the red and yellow brush.

http://www.craftytraditions.com/resize1 ... axsize=125

I'm thinking its not possible at all but its something I would love so much. :D

what the heck we all keep asking for brushes but never explain just what type we need. something designed like this would be a super brush. and I'd gladly wait for version 5 for any brushes if I knew something like this was in the works.

it would be nice if whenever any of the tools come into the radar screen to be worked on if it was possible to load a paint brush similar to like when you do actual tole painting. a color on each side of the brush giving instant gradiants along a brush line.

maybe someone has a work around for that type of thing already and would share.

This won't be perfect, but here's something you can try. Draw your line, making sure it's on its own layer. Run my Outline Object plugin, check the "Angled" checkbox, and set the angle chooser to point to the side of your line you want the second line on. Adjust width and softness to your liking. Blur things together as you desire.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

so have been experimenting with idea from pyrochild. not going to work gives much too muddied colors you need to lay down color outline with white then outline again second color. and blur. not near as good as just laying down color one blur new layer and then color two.

oh darn how I wish it would have worked. although must say I've seen some interesting results with what I've tried using the outline tonights experiments and those things will creep into my work at a later date. another method another use.

yes thank you sabrown100 as Myrdin says I'm aware of the changes in the pipe line for brushes in the 4. versions just wanted to refine the type of brush I'd like. its a pretty broad statement when someone says they want brushes, this is a specific style of brush that might require extra work within Ricks revamp. As I said I'm willing to wait until version 5 or even 6 just wanted Rick to leave an opening for this type of thing in the future.

this post was actually more to check if anyone else has a workaround for the moment. from the answers it appears the method I'm using although slow work is probably the best for the particular paint stylewhen doing my portrait pictures.

thanks everyone.