laser level?

Im working on a picture right now that involves creating a lot of symmetrical shapes. Although i use a grid to help me a line the tops and bottoms of the shapes i was thinking about a project i did about a month ago installing a recording studio, we used laser levels to a line the sound tiles. I dont know you guys are familiar with these, but its basically a level but instead it shoots a light across. I thought it would be cool to have a plug in that did this for you. I'm not 100 percent sure how to would work, maybe similar to the line tool, but it would be a temporary line that would go away when commanded to. This can be achieved by using layers, but involves a lot of time, any thoughts?

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

A plugin cannot do that. A plugin can only take the information it's given by the Paint.NET effects API (which can only be the selected area of the current layer), do something to it, and then return the edited pixels to Paint.NET. It can't do anything that sticks around after the effect is done, and you can't use any tools while the effect is running.

Someone might correct me, but I think I'm right. :-) Anyway, a plugin can't do that. That's why a plugin can't do custom brushes.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

^^david, you defenitly no a lot more about this then me, but wouldnt ther be a way to create something like an 'invisible' line tool, where it would disapear after a period of time or watever, cant a plug in modify somthing that already exists?

^^pyro, i see wat your saying, but im talking about something more complex than just a grid, i just found a post with a prospective plug-in that i think rick is working on and is going to put in PDN at some point, this is similar to wat i was talking about, maybe this plugin will be wat im looking for

japannese.jpg

^^wouldnt ther be a way to create something like an 'invisible' line tool, where it would disapear after a period of time or watever...?
No. Plugins simply don't have the ability to do anything like that.
^^pyro, i see wat your saying, but im talking about something more complex than just a grid, i just found a post with a prospective plug-in that i think rick is working on and is going to put in PDN at some point, this is similar to wat i was talking about, maybe this plugin will be wat im looking for
Post a link. I wanna see what you're talking about.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

It doesn't go away after any length of time unless you put it on its own layer and then delete it.

You could make a new layer, and draw a line across it while holding the shift key; that'd keep it completely straight.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

or like a ruler or something...i know what you want....but i dont think that would be possible....because all plugins have been made to draw something or render....this is an interactive tool! Maybe Paint.NET v.4.0+ (onwards) may have it in! who knows but this is a good request...some genius will need to work hard on this!

MarcusFenixSigWIP.png

or like a ruler or something...i know what you want....but i dont think that would be possible....because all plugins have been made to draw something or render....this is an interactive tool! Maybe Paint.NET v.4.0+ (onwards) may have it in! who knows but this is a good request...some genius will need to work hard on this!

^^^like rick :mrgreen:starts bowing down and worshiping rick

japannese.jpg

It'll have to be Rick. Even with v4.0, I don't think this will be possible as a plugin.