Sign in to follow this  
sicRAGE

trouble with plugins

i am new to paint.net and i am having trouble finding my plugins after i save them to the effects folder particularly the feather one, can someone please help me out. thanks

I am now daring to post this. Have figured out how to download plugins.

Feather was there yesterday, found Object - feather, and have screendumps of these.

Today thay are gone, can not even find the panelling effect.

There must be something serious wrong.

Any ideas?

I will be teaching in this next week

Version 3.2x v 3.22.2933.24445

I appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Blees

Is your PC getting "reset" to a known state? (Some schools have software that wipe all computers every night so that they are immune to virus threats.)

Is the Feather.DLL file still in the C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects folder?

Do you have an entry in the File menu for effects that failed to load? If so, what is the error messages there?

First - thanks so much for your fast response. ;)

Is your PC getting "reset" to a known state? (Some schools have software that wipe all computers every night so that they are immune to virus threats.)

No - I have my own system that I usually set on stand by at night (Danish time! But I do not expect this to be a problem?.)

Is the Feather.DLL file still in the C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects folder?

YEs it is still there, I have a screen shot of it.

Do you have an entry in the File menu for effects that failed to load? If so, what is the error messages there?

I do have error messages here (just went out on to BoltBait homepage and downloaded a bunch og plugins, it is typically theses, actually, that are problems, I have 15 problemes, for AlphaToGray.dll Arrows.dll ColorBalance.dll CondHSAdj.dll FlipPlugin.dll Gradient.dll GridMaker.dll Halo.dll StylusReader.dll Pastel.dll Polygon.dll RGB2CMYK.dll SeamlessHelper.dll StripPrimaryColor.dll Transparency.dll.

Thanks once again for this great program and your help.

Kind regards,

BL

I have them all!

I saved all the plugins in another folder, uninstalled and then reinstalled and copied my effects -

that was "effective" - I now have a pile of special effects, and including the feather.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

BLees