Photo-Manip Discussion Thread (#4 VOTE)

What do you want as the next theme?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want as the next theme?

• Dogs into Dawgz.
    • Male makeover.
    • Ultimate bedroom.
    • Pimp My Ride.

@ Barkbark00 for the sake of my mental sanity how did you do that? (Mean making the awful hut to disappear yet leaving the background? David Copperfield touch? :D )

seems like a lot of very careful clone stamping... I tried doing that but I don't really have the patience :P

Just think how dumb I feel now: that's what I've been doing up all evening (until my eyes crashed :shock: ) (clone stamping I mean :wink: ) to my hut and did not realize he might have used same method :D

When he said "by March 2nd", does that mean it's due by midnight tonight? Or does it mean by midnight tomorrow night?

Because I've been hard at work on mine for a couple of hours now, and I'm not sure if I'll be done before midnight tonight.

I might, but I might not. I still have a little over six hours left where I am. But I don't know if that'll be enough.

When he said "by March 2nd", does that mean it's due by midnight tonight? Or does it mean by midnight tomorrow night?

Because I've been hard at work on mine for a couple of hours now, and I'm not sure if I'll be done before midnight tonight.

I might, but I might not. I still have a little over six hours left where I am. But I don't know if that'll be enough.

March 2nd 12:00 EST

Only one entry

omExTE6.png

Congrat's Pyjo - great effort.

I think a facial makeover would be a good idea, something like this before/after picture...

4488_4b89136cc5bd9e3ff3b2cd55ac5629d2

There's some reasonably good stock available on deviantART, such as this...

4488_54445ffe2ad300cfff8dd34cd989cfda

The idea would be to give the model a complete makeover - even going as far as changing the shape of features, changing the hair, adding jewelery, even putting the head on a different body, extending the original picture and/or placing the model on a different background.

Anyone else like this idea, or have a different one?

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

Yeah, Mike is right, except that the tool is called "Liquify." :-) I think it's an interesting idea. Have you seen the Dove video?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

CJ, those types of overhauls are performed with a tool called Liquidate. I am not sure if this type of tool is available for The GIMP, but it is definitely included with Photoshop. It would require a lot of programming on a plugin authors part.

I've done loads of 'small' touch-ups on my own photographs and get some very good results with PDN - I just think it would be interesting to see what can really be done with the tools and plugins we have got. I know of the 'Liquify' tool in Photoshop and have seen some demo videos on youtube, but the real challenge is seeing what everyone can do without such a powerful tool.

I've done some pre-tests on the picture I posted above and have been able to resize the nose, change the colour and position of the eyes and clean up the skin using various blurs. I know it's a longer, more drawn-out process with PDN, but that'll make it all the more rewarding.

<> Here's what I've managed to do with the earlier picture I posted...

4488_6895950686ca2355b0ba399de3f2632a

I corrected the eyes so they are looking directly at the camera, adjusted the nose to make it thinner, changed the right-side of the lips so they are more symmetrical and then composited the face onto another stock model, shortening the head to make it more round; a little bit of 'Soften Portrait' and voila!<>

But if anyone has some other suggestions let's hear them (or should I say, see them).

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

The winner is Pyjo.

Thanks. I don't think my entry was the most beautiful, but perhaps it was preferred because it was one of the most realistic, despite its simplicity. When I saw the last entries (topezia and cjmcguinness), I thought that I had little chances to win. Topezia's work is colorful and funny, as usual, and cjmcguinness's idea is quite original. So I whish to congratulate with other participants, too.

A suggestion for future contests: two photos depicting the same kind of subject (two men, two women, animals, buildings, cars...) with very different styles (for example two portraits belonging to different centuries) are proposed, and the challenge is to modify the first one to match the sytle of the second one (without using parts of the second picture)

Bye

Pyjo.

The winner is Pyjo.

Thanks. I don't think my entry was the most beautiful, but perhaps it was preferred because it was one of the most realistic, despite its simplicity. When I saw the last entries (topezia and cjmcguinness), I thought that I had little chances to win. Topezia's work is colorful and funny, as usual, and cjmcguinness's idea is quite original. So I whish to congratulate with other participants, too.

A suggestion for future contests: two photos depicting the same kind of subject (two men, two women, animals, buildings, cars...) with very different styles (for example two portraits belonging to different centuries) are proposed, and the challenge is to modify the first one to match the sytle of the second one (without using parts of the second picture)

Bye

Pyjo.

Thanks Pyio! :D The fact that you might have thought I could win (really? :D ) honestly cheered me up, cause lately I've received more appreciation for my frames rather than my images so I was starting up thinking to resize my ambitions from "wanna be a painter" into "official pdn frame maker" :lol: , kidding I know I still have to learn a lot and study a lot to reach (or just approach) people like you, Oma, Ash, Madjik, Janettsue , Pretty Darn Neat, CJM, Barkbark00 just to say the few names that first came up to my mind .. (follows the list of all pdn forumers)

I like your idea while I see CJM's not bad, but honestly really hard to make

Ciao ciao

It seems that most people, and me would like a facial makeover, but me and you would like landscapes.

Im going to flip a coin on this one. Heads = Makeover Tails = Landscapes

Looks like its the makeover, now i need to find a photo and make a thread.

omExTE6.png