Thumbnails of .pdn files not accurate?

This is a REALLY weird thing... I can't for the life of me figure it out. This used to work great, but I just noticed today that when I open the folder that I save all of my .pdn files in, all the thumbnails are "shuffled" around... The thumbnail of one will actually be a different file, etc. Has anyone else noticed this? It's really quite strange...

Thanks,

M_Lyons4_Signature.jpg

My First Signature...

Yeah, that happens to me sometimes. It's probably due to Windows taking the short way around saving files, and using another file's thumbnail instead of going through the trouble of caching the real file's thumb. It can be annoying, but I can live with it (as long as I know my file names).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Well, at least it's not just me... LOL I figured it was a problem with Windows, but I haven't seen this with any other file type, so it struck me as... odd? It was really a shock, because I go based on thumbnails more than file names, so I clicked on a thumbnail, and something else oppened... haha I was scared I'd overwritten something I needed...

Does anyone know of a way to correct this? Refresh the thumbnails? Where does Windows save that anyway?

Thank you very much for your response.

M_Lyons4_Signature.jpg

My First Signature...

O.K., I did find a fix (Though not ideal if you have a lot of files in this folder...).

But if anyone else is having this problem, you can go into Folder Options > View and check "Do Not Cache Thumbnails". It slows opening of the file down a bit, but at least the thumbnails work... Applying this setting, then going back in and unchecking this setting and applying that setting again reverts the thumbnails back to the wonky settings, so I'm not sure why that would be (Or where Windows saves thumbnails anyway...).

I'm still open to ideas, and if I find something better I will post back.

Thanks. :)

M_Lyons4_Signature.jpg

My First Signature...

What? Say it ain't so! :(

Interesting.

It's kind of a silly command to have in the first place, especially for a first- or second-level UI. The computer should be managing that stuff correctly anyway, why burden the user with the paranoia of thinking their thumbnails might need refreshing?

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg