[20] Pump

[55] Refrigerator

[60] Telecommunications

[30] Television

[30] Toilet

No computer=no PDN :(

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Hurt: Pump I have never used it....

Umm...yeah, so...there would be no computer without a printing press. In fact, we'd probably still be stuck in the 1700s. Oh, and jerkfight - if you drank any drink, took a shower, washed dishes, filled up a gas tank, put out a fire, flushed a toilet...then yeah, you've used a pump. :-P

good point... I feel dumb

omExTE6.png

Why do I get the feeling that the computer is going to win by tomorrow?

EDIT@Panhead: You wouldn't be able to use a computer without electric generation! :D

but its still invented, just because it makes something else impossible doesn't mean it is better IMO, also i consider electricity to be a discovery

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Everybody, hush about the discovery thing already. I get it, I'm an idiot, go away.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

then you dont need solar power and nuclear energy to run a computer right?

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

Since we've had about a page of offtopic-ness, here's the scoreboard:

[10] Automobiles

[55] Antibiotics

[70] Computer

[55] Electrical Generation

[50] Light Bulb

[50] Printing Press

[10] Pump

[55] Refrigerator

[65] Telecommunications

[30] Television

[30] Toilet

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

[10] Automobiles

[55] Antibiotics

[75] Computer

[60] Electrical Generation

[50] Light Bulb

[50] Printing Press

[55] Refrigerator

[65] Telecommunications

[20] Television

[30] Toilet

Heh, check this out:

Computer- American

Electrical Generation- American

Light Bulb- American

Printing Press- American (Johannes Gutenberg , german,1454)

Pump- ??? (d.a. was right we due it to Archimede, Greek)

Telecommunications- American

Television- American (scotsman engineer John Logie Baird, 1925)

Toilet- American (ehr, may be we due this to ancient Chinese and Hindus ( whilst also my ancestors, the ancient romans, did a large use of these devices in their houses) but we may perhaps due the honour of the modern w.c. to the british Alexander Cummings,1775

America clearly owns all other countries 8)

:mrgreen:

[0] Automobiles (Dead)

[55] Antibiotics

[75] Computer

[60] Electrical Generation

[55] Light Bulb

[50] Printing Press

[55] Refrigerator

[65] Telecommunications

[20] Television

[30] Toilet

Cars, yeah, useful things but there has to be a better way to get around. I'd say that Bikes are better for shorter journeys (into town or similar), & public transport is better for longer journeys.

The light bulb, a useful thing, it's also partly responsible for the electrical generation as someone made one with 2 filaments by mistake & noticed that there was a current going between them & the thermionic valve was born. The valve (or vacuum tube) was & to an extent still is used in Hi-Fi, televisions (not now, but it was), guitar & bass amps, & numerous other things.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

[55] Antibiotics

[75] Computer

[65] Electrical Generation

[55] Light Bulb

[50] Printing Press

[55] Refrigerator

[65] Telecommunications

[10] Television

[30] Toilet

Same reasons as yesterday.

BTW, I think Computer should have been replaced with Transistor. Now, THAT was a pivotal invention!

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

BTW, I think Computer should have been replaced with Transistor. Now, THAT was a pivotal invention!
I was thinking about that, but decided against it for two reasons:

1) I couldn't decide between transistor, vacuum tube, modern microchip, etc.

2) I didn't want three pages of people asking "What is a transistor?" :-)

Aha... I like this (+/-).

[55] Antibiotics

[75] Computer

[60] Light Bulb

[50] Printing Press

[55] Refrigerator

[65] Telecommunications

[0] Television (dead)

[30] Toilet

+: Light bulbs. End of the "dark ages"!

-: Television. Entertaining and instructing, but not much.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Thanks, Helio! :-) first positive comment I've had the whole time...

[55] Antibiotics

[65] Computer

[60] Light Bulb

[55] Printing Press

[55] Refrigerator

[65] Telecommunications

[30] Toilet

Pivotal as the computer is, the Printing Press has really done a lot more for civilization in the past few centuries than the computer has...yet. I think in another hundred years, the computer will win out, but right now, if the computers across the world were to be scrubbed from history, we'd only be set back about a hundred years. If the printing press were never invented, we'd be rolled back a millennium or so. (Why that long? Because I think a second dark ages would've actually backtracked our advancement)

[55] Antibiotics

[70] Computer

[60] Light Bulb

[55] Printing Press

[55] Refrigerator

[65] Telecommunications

[20] Toilet

the toilet cos well havent people heard of a hole in the ground :D

and if it wasnt for the computer we wouldnt be doing this now would we :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

[55] Antibiotics

[70] Computer

[65] Light Bulb

[55] Printing Press

[55] Refrigerator

[70] Telecommunications

[0] Toilet <------Is dead :)

I guess a toilet would die from getting so much bloody potato anyway. Um, I don't know what I just said :)

the toilet cos well havent people heard of a hole in the ground :D

The toilet is what allowed cities to develop. I'm serious.

See, before the invention of the toilet, for sanitary reasons, human populations could only fill up as much space as a bloody potato wagon (technical term) could reasonably travel every day. Once the toilet (and, of course, the sewer) were invented, we were able to build larger and higher. The pros and cons of this can be debated, of course, but it has certainly advanced human knowledge considerably to be able to live so near those we work with. :-)

EDIT: Oh, well, it's dead anyway. Long live the toilet!

[55] Antibiotics

[75] Computer

[70] Electrical Generation

[65] Light Bulb

[35] Printing Press

[55] Refrigerator

[70] Telecommunications

Television- American (scotsman engineer John Logie Baird, 1925) >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philo_Farnsworth <<

Toilet- American (ehr, may be we due this to ancient Chinese and Hindus ( whilst also my ancestors, the ancient romans, did a large use of these devices in their houses) but we may perhaps due the honour of the modern w.c. to the british Alexander Cummings,1775 >> Technically, we're both wrong. The toilet was thought up by John Harington in 1596. <<

@BB: So true.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb