Suggestion/ Request: Offset and Arrow Key Adjustments

I messed up the first post, here is the second :wink:

For a future release of Paint.net, can we have a way of off setting pasting? For instance if I pasted a 100x100 pixel selection at coordinates 50,50. I then set the off set to be X=10 and Y=10. When I paste the same selection, it is at coordinates 60,60.

Another suggestion is to be able to set the increments the mouse moves while using the arrow keys. For instance, right now it is at 1 pixel, but then I would change it to 5 pixels and every time I key one of the arrow keys the mouse moves five pixels either up, down, left, or right.

Thanks for reading,

Mike Ryan

signature.png

when you paste in a new layer leave the selection active.

hold control down and arrow over once and still holding control down arrow down.

what do you get Chris.

also to move the selection another way

leave selected copied portion active and just hold the arrow key down watch your little counter in the bar along the bottom it moves a pixel at a time. in straight line across or down.

easy enough with out adding all kinds of extra x/y set 10 set 10

functions

...Another suggestion is to be able to set the increments the mouse moves while using the arrow keys. For instance, right now it is at 1 pixel, but then I would change it to 5 pixels and every time I key one of the arrow keys the mouse moves five pixels either up, down, left, or right...

Oma, I dont think you understood me corrrectly. I know how to use the arrow keys, but I want more power in my copy and paste along with the ability to adjust how much the arrow keys do move. And my name is not Chris :|

signature.png

I messed up the first post, here is the second :wink:

For a future release of Paint.net, can we have a way of off setting pasting? For instance if I pasted a 100x100 pixel selection at coordinates 50,50. I then set the off set to be X=10 and Y=10. When I paste the same selection, it is at coordinates 60,60.

Another suggestion is to be able to set the increments the mouse moves while using the arrow keys. For instance, right now it is at 1 pixel, but then I would change it to 5 pixels and every time I key one of the arrow keys the mouse moves five pixels either up, down, left, or right.

Thanks for reading,

Mike Ryan

Would be cool and save a few steps, But for now I just use the panelling plugin.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]