Feature Request - Lockable Layers

I was using an image as a template for a drawing. When I turned off visibility to check my work, the original image became the active layer, and remained that way when I restored visibility to my drawing. Of course, I restored my image with Undo, but I lost a lot of work.

So, looking forward to Version 4.0+.

...exspecialy coz i sometimes get confused as to what layer in editing then it screws everything up
You could name your layers as you go along, relieving some of this confusion. It will help you to recognise your layers much quicker when switching back and forth, which, apart from cutting confusion, will save time also. And make your Layers window look oh-so pretty :P.
Name one person who isn't...

I was using an image as a template for a drawing. When I turned off visibility to check my work, the original image became the active layer, and remained that way when I restored visibility to my drawing. Of course, I restored my image with Undo, but I lost a lot of work.

You are not the only one doing that. :wink:

If you use an image as a template for a drawing; try to make the image a bit transparent. Just so transparent that you notice it on your new line, when you start drawing in the wrong layer.

But I am FOR lockable layers.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

...exspecialy coz i sometimes get confused as to what layer in editing then it screws everything up
You could name your layers as you go along, relieving some of this confusion. It will help you to recognise your layers much quicker when switching back and forth, which, apart from cutting confusion, will save time also. And make your Layers window look oh-so pretty :P.
Name one person who isn't...

although this does help, most of the time when i mess up a layer its not because i didnt know what layer i wanted to work on, its because i either clicked on the wrong layer or some how messed things up lol.

i think this would be a cool feature

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War