Hi - I'm new - as you can soon tell. When I import a new layer it only seems to load as background - not as a layer number. I want to superimpose an image om top of the background ( a photo of my dog actually) and crop it so it sits in one corner of th photo. Then I want to erase pixels around it so the background colours show through around the dog. I also want to resize the layer containing the dog to make it bigger. How do I do all that Keith

I would open up both images you work with. On the backround image create a new layer, bottom left corner of the layer window.

Then go to your secondary picture you want on top of the backround, select all or the section with your dog in it. Edit > copy. Switch over to backround and Edit > paste in to your new layer you created. Then you can use eraser tool or selection tool to clean up the edges. Hope that helps.

012.jpg

you can do it that way, but an easier way is to click the "Layers" tab at the top of the screen and select "Import from file". That way all the pictures you open will be opened on a new layer in your current project instead of as separate projects.

Hi I tried that but they both came up as background

I would open up both images you work with. On the backround image create a new layer, bottom left corner of the layer window.

Then go to your secondary picture you want on top of the backround, select all or the section with your dog in it. Edit > copy. Switch over to backround and Edit > paste in to your new layer you created. Then you can use eraser tool or selection tool to clean up the edges. Hope that helps.

Hi Thanks that worked very well

curmudgeon has givwen the best way but the other way works just fine but takes slightly longer also many layers can be named background. you can rwename them but they may originaly of been named "background:dog" just because it is called background doesnt meen it is the background anyway i hope you found your soloution and welcome to the forums have a nice time here :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3