Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #8 = Wikipedia!

MSC #8 topic... tiebreak!  

15 members have voted

1. 1. MSC #8 topic... tiebreak!

• Wikipedia
    • Cursor Pack
    • Winamp

Wikipedia is the one! Start making those entries! :)

Don't worry, ncfan51. There's always next time. ;)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

That's cool, Stephan. I think you're on the right track!

... This will be a large portion of the next month wasted on this :D

Wasted? Are you kidding? :P

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I'm gonna have to disagree with sabrowns' submission. I think this goes under the "do not just color/recolor" rule. IMHO* hardly any work has been put in. My suggestion is to disqualify this entry, and let sabrown try again.

*In my honest opinion.

I'm gonna have to disagree with sabrowns' submission. I think this goes under the "do not just color/recolor" rule. IMHO* hardly any work has been put in. My suggestion is to disqualify this entry, and let sabrown try again.

*In my honest opinion.

I see what you mean and i'm working on a new entry. Helio, please let me change it.

KaHuc.png

Okay. Your previous entry is disqualified. Now go put the new one in its place!

Be sure to credit Wikipedia for source images; you used quite a few.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1879 ... diadj3.png

Something a made. <_< Credit goes to wikipedia for their logos, apart from the wiktionary book. Made that myself. I also might be able to produce a webpage, just for fun, but don't expect too much.

EDIT: Eugh, Photobucket resized it...

EDIT 2: Fixed link.

EDIT 3: Here's a link to the page i've done already, showing all of my 1337 CSS skillz.

http://stephanheijl.110mb.com/sitepdn/

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1879/wikipediadj3.png

Something a made. <_< Credit goes to wikipedia for their logos, apart from the wiktionary book. Made that myself. I also might be able to produce a webpage, just for fun, but don't expect too much.

EDIT: Eugh, Photobucket resized it...

EDIT 2: Fixed link.

EDIT 3: Here's a link to the page i've done already, showing all of my 1337 CSS skillz.

http://stephanheijl.110mb.com/sitepdn/

Stephan = Pro :mtdew::mtdew:

It looks really professional, especially that mock-up (except that theres no links, so it might be one huge picture for all I know :evil: ).

Looking forward to your finished product! :mrgreen:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Oh, I so totally have to find time to enter this one. I'm a web designer by trade, and I ran out of time to enter the last competition, which was also web-based. I need to show the peoples that I still have got it. :wink:

@R3VENGE:

You've got some stair-stepping on your sheen. Have you tried making the lower curve with the Line/Curve tool? I see you've got a horizontal fade going on, but you could make the sheen solid white using the Rounded Rectangle for the top and the Line/Curve tool for the bottom curve, then use the Gradient tool in Alpha Blending mode to accomplish a similar effect.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

@R3VENGE:

You've got some stair-stepping on your sheen. Have you tried making the lower curve with the Line/Curve tool? I see you've got a horizontal fade going on, but you could make the sheen solid white using the Rounded Rectangle for the top and the Line/Curve tool for the bottom curve, then use the Gradient tool in Alpha Blending mode to accomplish a similar effect.

i dont fully uderstand what your saying but well i caried on in the same style and came up with these :D

main bar...http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj16 ... ainbar.png

side bar....http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj16 ... idebar.png

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

On erkansus' entry, a few tips:

• [*:1e3moxag]Try to keep the flags constant. 3 of them are borderless, 2 beveled, and 1 with a border that (In my mind) indicates selection, but isn't selected. This can be overcome by producing the flags yourself. Most flags are relatively easy made, and won't come with any resizing issues if you keep them on the scale you want, and a reasonable size.
    [*:1e3moxag]Resizing issues with the pictures on the top. Art, history,biography and science all look squashed together. If they don't fit normal sized, then make them smaller to the point where they still have the same ratio, but fit into the border. The tech tab looks as if it could use some antialiasing. Never resize clipart/vectors within Paint.NET. it won't turn out very pretty most of the times.
    [*:1e3moxag]Background Wikipedia logo: It seems you used the wikipedia logo located on the top left of the actual wikipedia main page. However, this uses a background, and thus does not blend in with the rest of the picture. You could've tried finding the full sized SVG like a did. It's on wikipedia aswell.
    [*:1e3moxag]Text issues. Your text seems resized. Try not to do that unless it's WordArt, which i do not recommend altogether. it turns out messy and blurry when you resize text.

I do like the font you choose for the search bar, and the black that's so easy on the eyes. Please read these tips everyone, it's meant as constructive critism, and the first person to say that they can't do anything with it, is wrong.