Government Slip-Ups :]

.. why can't someone take a half-way decent picture of "Bigfoot" or anything?

because they do not exist and it is harder to disprove that a bad/blurry picture shows '"Bigfoot" or anything' than that a sharp and clean picture does?

Mars creatures being red:

IF there are certain creatures on Mars (I doubt it, but why not, right?) then red would be a logical colour for them - they probably also have predators (why not?) so they had best try to hide a bit (the prey because it doesn't want to be found, the predator because it wants to surprise its prey). It would surprise me far more if there were green or blue creatures there.

ET life in general:

Considering the number of stars (and therefore planets) in the universe, I would say that the chance that there is life elsewhere is quite big (the number of stars is estimated to be in the order of 1E21). Though it doesn't have to be anything like any life we know. (silicon based maybe? that could make for 'living rocks' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_biochemistry )

I would write plugins, if I knew what kind of plugins were needed.. :(

Aren't aliens allowed their own god who created them in his* own image? Perhaps it was pot luck with all the gods: we got ours, they got theirs.

More to the point, as a superior being and all, doesn't that make God himself a form of life older and more ancient than ours, especially with him creating the Earth 4.5 billion years ago? So if he can progress to that stage in that timeframe, surely another species can, if not to the same level, close to. Plus, he (or rather, his species) had to evolve to that stage himself, therefore we can't ignore the countless years before that... I see plenty of time for another form of life to advance further than us. But then that is taking fact that he is part of a species and that he is not one lone being immediately gifted with divinity and power beyond human comprehension.

Natheless, come on, tell me that God is not a form of alien** life.

Plus, what about the other gods from the other religions, we cannot forget them and their part in Life. Although, I do place them in the same extraterrestrial circumstance as God.

*I'm using 'him/he' only because God is widely publicised as male and not because I'm a small minded, sexist buffoon thinking men are superior over women.

**Entry #7 in particular.

More to the point, as a superior being and all, doesn't that make God himself a form of life older and more ancient than ours, especially with him creating the Earth 4.5 billion years ago? So if he can progress to that stage in that timeframe, surely another species can, if not to the same level, close to.

But see, God didn't progress anywhere. He always was there, is the same form as He is today, as He always will be. No timeframe is sufficient to become God. If evolutionists care to argue that this is nonsense, I will remind them of the Big Bang theory, which (if God is nonsense) would be incomprehensible foolishness.

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.

But see, God didn't progress anywhere. He always was there, is the same form as He is today, as He always will be. No timeframe is sufficient to become God. If evolutionists care to argue that this is nonsense, I will remind them of the Big Bang theory, which (if God is nonsense) would be incomprehensible foolishness.

Let's see if I can get my head around this correctly. In my general Christian opinion, God views the perspective of everything separate from all else. He sees past, present and future (in our sense of time) as one instant. He is separate from time and existence, so nothing compares. And obviously the Big Bang (beginning of the universe or whatever you think started it) was caused by something. Compact hydrogen just doesn't blow up by itself. Actually, hydrogen just can't come from nowhere...

No no, silly. :P Try:

sun_tour.jpg

Hmmm...if your a sun..how are you typing? Your flaming arcs are probably burning your computer :P

I did write this, you know:
[blab]

But then that is taking fact that he ... is not one lone being immediately gifted with divinity and power beyond human comprehension.

I acknowledged the fact He might not have evolved in the way we perceive such evolution and instead He was instantaneous in His godliness. I don't believe that, however, as I find it inconceivable that He emerged from nothingness, He had to have come from somewhere. But then that will start the never ending loophole of 'who created God then?'

'A higher being.'

'Then where did that higher being come from?'

'Another.'

'But where...'

So essentially I may have just shattered my belief, though I don't care, I still find it impossible for anything not to have come from something else; there is always a parent, a progression from one to another, an evolution of sorts.

So essentially I may have just shattered my belief, though I don't care, I still find it impossible for anything not to have come from something else; there is always a parent, a progression from one to another, an evolution of sorts.

That belief still creates that loop. Something or someone HAD to be the beginning at some point.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

hydrogen can't come from nowhere

It can, IFF an equal mass of anti-hydrogen also comes from nowhere at roughly the same place.

This is part of why the universe gets heavier over time - pairs of mass/antimass come to existence right on the gravity-horizon of existing objects so that the pair will be separated and won't get a chance to fuse back together into nothing. Note that this does not present the answer to how the mass needed for the big bang came to exist, since you need something to start with. (I'm not making this up, this comes from a physics teacher at the university)

So.. for lack of a better explanation.. maybe god created it? on the other hand, where did god come from then?

so with a lot of extra physics there is still no 'beginning' to the loop.. maybe it never begun - that there is no "beginning of time"?

It can, IFF an equal mass of anti-hydrogen also comes from nowhere at roughly the same place.

This is part of why the universe gets heavier over time - pairs of mass/antimass come to existence right on the gravity-horizon of existing objects so that the pair will be separated and won't get a chance to fuse back together into nothing. Note that this does not present the answer to how the mass needed for the big bang came to exist, since you need something to start with. (I'm not making this up, this comes from a physics teacher at the university)

So.. for lack of a better explanation.. maybe god created it? on the other hand, where did god come from then?

so with a lot of extra physics there is still no 'beginning' to the loop.. maybe it never begun - that there is no "beginning of time"?

Sorry, but your physics teachers are weird.

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.

I am not a Christian by any means, so I dont believe in any Christian outlook on this. I am a Taoist, and has Yata said, there are no true rules or definitions to guide my outlook on possible life.

But as for the Mars picture, I have a very powerful tool to decide if it is real or not, and I am sorry to say that it isnt. Go ahead, you have the tool to. I call it Shadow/ Highlight recovery, and with a little magic from that the rock turns out to be gray like the other rocks around it, and with the shadows around it turning red it is obvious it is just a pointy rock. Go ahead, try.

Edit for Harold: I dont believe in beginning and end. It was has, the universe, been. There was no beginning, and thus there can be no end. Eventually things will go away, but everything was as it once was, and thus it will be once more. Things happen, and will always happen :wink:

signature.png

It can, IF an equal mass of anti-hydrogen also comes from nowhere at roughly the same place.

...nothing can't come from nothing. period. :D lolz felt like saying that plainly. As for God, well that's outside the realm of our concepts of "then,now, will be", so it's impossible to ask the question as to were he* came from.

*Do people still capitalize "he" when referring to God?

[offtopic]

I both have and haven't done so in the past, it's a case of if I feel like I believe in Him or His being that day. I am still undecided whether there is such a form that deserves to be capitalised, or merely someone/thing which watches over us with no interference, therefore whom doesn't really warrant capitalising in my books. Although, the times I do do it, it's out of respect for believers of that convention, but then I feel a hypocrite for acknowledging Him by name but not by heart. Like marriage.

I sway from 'Him' to 'him'; it's good to sway, keeps the blood pumping.

[/offtopic]

...nothing can't come from nothing. period. :D lolz felt like saying that plainly. As for God, well that's outside the realm of our concepts of "then,now, will be", so it's impossible to ask the question as to were he* came from.

Things do come from nothing, so there is no period there. Like energy is "borrowed" by atoms when they decay into lesser atoms, this energy is paid back but it initially came from nothing. The same happens with those particle-pairs, their energy is borrowed and usually given back, except when they're split up before that happens.

And saying that "it is beyond our concept" is far too easy, if god is beyond our concept then he does not exist (obviously we wouldn't comprehend his existence). IMO it sounds like the typical bad answer that religious people give to things, rather then explaining why something is, they explain why they can not know. That does not sound very scientific.

Remember that people used to say that lightning was beyond their concepts and must therefore be created by gods, we know better now but the same probably applies to more unexplained phenomena's.

If god exists, he came from somewhere otherwise he wouldn't be there. Sounds pretty trivial.

I was being sarcastic with the "period" thing :roll: . But hey, no one knows God entirely, do they? That's why I say it's beyond our concepts. And the entire something from nothing is making me go crazy so..lolz :| The entire thing seems weird. I still dont think anything can come from absolutely nothing. Not even atoms or energyUh...I suck at arguments so I'm just going to quit on the God/nothing thing before I get pwned, ok?