Possible plugin request-curly q swirly thingy generator

NorCaliGirl

@Madjik as I said been a real long time

and I'm not sure but think we are looking at parametric equations in particular the chain rule 3rd paramater.

but then again I'm so rusty at this I could be totally off the mark.

been at least 35 to 40 years from math for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative ... _functions

In the formulation of calculus in terms of limits, the du symbol has been assigned various meanings by various authors. Some authors do not assign a meaning to du

by itself, but only as part of the symbol du/dx. Others define "dx" as an independent variable, and define du by du = dx•f′ (x). In non-standard analysis du is defined as an infinitesimal. It is also interpreted as the exterior derivative du of a function u. See differential (infinitesimal) for further information.

In the formulation of calculus in terms of limits, the du symbol has been assigned various meanings by various authors. Some authors do not assign a meaning to du

by itself, but only as part of the symbol du/dx. Others define "dx" as an independent variable, and define du by du = dx•f′ (x). In non-standard analysis du is defined as an infinitesimal. It is also interpreted as the exterior derivative du of a function u. See differential (infinitesimal) for further information.

Wow. That block of text single-handedly destroyed any confidence I may have had in my own mathematical abilities. :shock:

Only kidding... but still :shock:

ha wither

that's not my explanation its from wikipedia. Way back in the days i went to school women were not encouraged to excel like today. Who knows maybe i could have been a rocket scientist if I'd had a chance.

for now I'd be really happy to be able to remember 1/100 of what I've forgotten. this forum certainly gives my mind a workout, and always amazes me just how much the young ones know compared to when I was their age. :wink:

Wow. That block of text single-handedly destroyed any confidence I may have had in my own mathematical abilities. :shock:

Grandma got skillz! :D

i was testing it to see for problems and it sorta broke. well this came up

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\swirl.dll
     Effect Name: PaintDotNet.Effects.UserScript
     Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.OverflowException: Overflow error.
  at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
  at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawLine(Pen pen, Int32 x1, Int32 y1, Int32 x2, Int32 y2)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.UserScript.Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.UserScript.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction()
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Join()
  at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start()
  at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__8(Object sender, EventArgs e)

this also was the third amount.

id love to help you but i dont understand a thing about c# :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

Grandma got skillz! :D

not my quote just copied from wikepedia but it does helps if you have an inkling of an idea first. I never went to university but picked up a smattering of this here and there when I was in the armed forces in the radar modification division.

PS I'm not just another pretty face you know. getting off topic better get back to the basic tut request maybe you all should take it over to the other boards for effect development.

@OMA: :oops: Oops I didn't want to embarrass you.

But I was embarrassed by the formulas i found in your link!

To forgive me (please do) this is a BETA (possibly bugged) version of the plugin:

I would like to add a choice list of formulas, if I could code more of them...

Enjoy

@OMA: :oops: Oops I didn't want to embarrass you.

But I was embarrassed by the formulas i found in your link!

To forgive me (please do) this is a BETA (possibly bugged) version of the plugin:

[attachment=1]Spiral.zip[/attachment]

I would like to add a choice list of formulas, if I could code more of them...

Enjoy

[attachment=0]web.gif[/attachment]

You didn't embarase me at all, they are not my formula's but did you find them incorrect? in what manner, I'm always trying to relearn skills I once had years ago. or did i point you in incorrect direction?

I'll look into it, but the math in there is more advanced than anything I've learned in school. I'll have to try to learn it on my own or just wait for the math class to catch up :?

no wonder that's college level math, I recognized it from my own classes... but... are you in college?

No. High school. Blech.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!