The Gamers Discussion Thread

I remember watching that trialer about three months ago and the chills are still going down my spine. I remember yelling "Holy ****! He pulled down a Star Destroyer!!" I also remember about a year and a half ago when they showed off their new engine, and seeing shattered glass and Jar Jar's imprint on metal made me smile. Ah, good times!

signature.png

im not pshycked but it looks pretty good :D anyways i got a new ps3 they took it back tested it said we cnat get it to work so we will give you a new one...yay i have it back now :D and while i was there i got guitar hero 3 :D rockin 8) ive played 2 and i was terrible i get 3 and play that and im pretty good 8) and i got resistance fall of man yaesterday :D its great its pretty easy aswell. perhaps i should use a game mode other than easy maybe :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

im not pshycked but it looks pretty good :D anyways i got a new ps3 they took it back tested it said we cnat get it to work so we will give you a new one...yay i have it back now :D and while i was there i got guitar hero 3 :D rockin 8) ive played 2 and i was terrible i get 3 and play that and im pretty good 8) and i got resistance fall of man yaesterday :D its great its pretty easy aswell. perhaps i should use a game mode other than easy maybe :D

Nice. Where did you take the PS3?

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Anyone heard of "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed"?

This is going to be one awesome game. :)

They're using physics systems that rival Crysis' - Havok, DMM, and euphoria. The simulation will be PHENOMENAL. Oh, and there's a Star Destroyer being pulled down onto a planet.

And Wii finally have our lightsaber game! ;) It'll be for all three next-gen systems, though, as well as for PC.

Take a look at this exciting game (which comes out this summer) here: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/3067.html

That's strange.....I never knew that Natural Motion created morpheme support for PC, I'm pretty sure it was just euphoria which had PC support.

Also, the only reason why Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is coming out for Wii is that Natural Motion added Wii Support for morpheme.

Your probably wondering what morpheme and euphoria are, aren't you? They're both game engines of a sort, a very advanced one though.

I didn't have you down as a Sony fan, Dan... It may have been whatever passes for feminine intuition in the male brain, but I always thought you might play PC games or games on a retro system...

Sorry. I know I saw this but I forgot to reply.

I'm not really a fan of any one company. In fact, I generally hate company fanboys because they tend to close their minds to anything else. That being said, the PSone and PStwo are the systems for which I have the largest game collections, with 53 games for the PSone and 83 for the PStwo. Compare that with my 21-game Dreamcast collection, 15-game GameCube collection, 13-game XBOX collection, 8-game SEGA Saturn collection, and 6-game N64 collection, you can see where I spend the glut of my gaming time. Granted, I got the Dreamcast, XBOX, N64, and Saturn long after their lifetimes were expended, and the GameCube right at the end of its life span.

As you can see by the listings above, I do enjoy retro-systems - I'm a collector, not just a gamer. I like seeing where gaming came from, and fulfilling childhood wishes now that I have the money to do so. For instance, I recall wanting very keenly a Tiger Game.com back in the late 90's. Well, as time has told, the system was a failure, with only 20 games in total being produced for it over its 3-year life span. Nonetheless, just two days ago, my very own brand-new, factory sealed Game.com arrived from an Amazon Marketplace seller. I love shopping online. :D

As far as handhelds go, I have the PSP, as well as every incarnation of the Game Boy other than the Pocket and the Micro. I rock out to the SEGA GameGear every now and again as well. And, as mentioned above, I now have a Game.com to add to that collection.

I affiliate myself with no particular company, but instead enjoy all systems I can possibly get my hands on. The main reason why I have the largest collections of Sony games is because of the timing - I got my PSone in 2002, just past the end of its prevalence. I needed a system of my own, and the PSone was still marginally active and only $50 at the time. I won the PStwo in a drawing in 2004, right in the middle of its lifespan, and it's been serving me faithfully ever since. The Dreamcast is the retro system I've had for the longest - I believe I got that in '05 - but I've been limited by the fact that used games don't come around very often, and I really don't like purchasing used games through online sellers, as it's a crapshoot as to whether or not they'll work. The N64 is the retro-system I've had for the shortest amount of time, hence the meager collection. Regardless of the size of the collection, though, I play all of them regularly.

My next planned purchase? A NEOGEO Pocket Color handheld system - three cheers for retro! :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

retro has some good things and will always be famous for pacman(yeah go pacman you rule!!) but ill never go backwards im always using future stuff. im into a ps3 now. nad just like you dan i have every nintendo handheld (apart from micro)it goes from the original to colour to advanced to sp to ds but the psp is better in mho. still i also hate fanboys (eventhough many people think me to be one) but i have an equaled opinion on both. i want an x-box soon so i can play with all you guys but i soubt that b/c i sortta dont have room and im planing to get a wii as my next cinsole :D. anyway does anyone have guitar hero 3??? its really good but i got stuck on the first boss lol :D its easwier than the 2nd one imo. does anyone have resistance fall of man if you do ill play against you sometime when i get online :D

section8.png

I love retro 8) I cant say how many classic games I have on my Wii right now

Anyways, hot off the heals off the press is the Saw game. Any Saw fans/ gamers out there? If so tell me if you are all pumped up. The whole "Lets play a game" just sounds perfect for the Unreal engine that it is going to be running on.

signature.png

• 3 months later...

Yes, I am reviving this dead heartbeat of a thread. I want to add some polls, but hey: live and let die, right?

Anyways, I am going back out onto the market today taking all of my Christmas fun with me to Gamestop. My local Gamestop is doing PC Game trade ins again so I have packed up The Orange Box (heh, if only they knew), Command and Conquer: Generals, Super Smash Bros. Brawl (that game was so-so), and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. My target today is to pick up a year for my 360, get my reservation down for Spore, and hopefully have enough left over of my splurge money to pick up Wii Fit.

I am beyond excited for this Gaming Season with titles like Spore, Too Human 2, Gears of War 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Age of Conan, and of course my all time favourite Fable 2. So what are you most excited for this Gaming Season?

signature.png

Spore is a definite win, and Age of Conan is a title that I would buy if it weren't for the monthy fees. It makes me think of a new Oblivion... But with building your own city :D

Oh, how I long for games like Nox, one of the Ultimate Diablo II clones... I played it when I was seven, so I only made it to the 3rd level of each of the classes. But that sort of gameplay (And my age...) makes you ignore the bad graphics... Like Harry Potter and the Philosophers' Stone video game.

ive got haze and im getting cod4 :D

haze has seemed to get really bad reviews and everything but a lot of people say its good :? however on the tv review i saw it was amazing :D still ive got it now and im going to order cod4 online and i already know that thats amazing :D

section8.png

Knowing Nintendo, they probably will :/ ... :P

Mostly I just play Halo 3, Mario Kart Wii, and SSBB nowadays, but occasionally I break out my N64 and play Super Mario 64 or something. I want to get COD4 really badly! :x

siggn8.jpg

I've honestly nevr heard of Haze!

Odd

I want cod4, im too poor :(

aha - just completed Gears of War and Guitar Hero 2&3 over the weekend with a mate due to drunken boredom :)

I want the orange box too

Maybe my spare time should be spent on getting a job, not filling time on Pdn and pdn forums...

Edit--Nahh. :)

Striving For Excellence Motivates You;

Striving For Perfection Will Demoralise.