[request]perspective plugin

i think this is the right place...

ive searched and i cant find one. this seems pretty simple to code from my view but then again its probably not :D well i have an idea of a movable dot where lines would join from the edges.

look at the pics below to see what i mean

this would give ideas of like a road or a hallway...(the dot would be smaller though)

perspectiveexample.jpg

perspectiveexample2.jpg

thanks

R3VENGE :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

No clue how hard it would be to code though. >_>

All pictures have a thing called a "vanashing point". Every single line originally comes from that point. Basically, to get it right, the plugin has to find the original vanishing point my finding all the straight lines and matching them up to find where they orginally come from, something which would need a ton of simulatenous equations for. Then the plugin has to change every single pixel and line so it's in another perspective, though when you change perspective, you see a different picture with new bits on and old bits chopped off.

it's a mathematical nightmare to try and figure out, at least if you want it done correctly.

My brain hurts just thinking about it.

Though I think he's talking about rendering 4 new lines that head to the vanishing point (the dot).

Maybe I misread his post or something. >_>

(Or maybe I misread your post and you're explaining to me that four lines intersecting at a variable point is more complicated than it seems.)

actually you can move light rays around (x and y off set) but thats the things its rays. any ways i already have all of madjiks plugins :D i got the madjik pack :D i actually got this idea of a gaming clan im in (you can see in my avi( .:b{X}s:.)) one of the admins of it was like a major photoshop user and made loads of things in it and did html and stuff with computers and he made a sig for one of the members and he made it sort of a hallway. it looked really cool and i wanted to try to duplicate the idea in pdn :D WOW long post :D

edit:o yea i forgot its also called vanishing point but its the same to me and well i dont think it would be that hard. its just four lines like wither said and a movable dot where the lines are all joined to

EDIT2:i got his sig to show you i think it may be a pic but im gonna put a hell lotta time into my next sig for .:b{X}s:. and pdn

perspectiveexample3.jpg

section8.png

Could 4 rays intersect to a variable center?

Say that the lines each originate from a corner of the canvas/selection and head towards the center.

Then using the IndirectUI you can choose where that center is.

At least that's how it seems to me...

Anyone more 'code knowing' think that something like this could be done?

Could 4 rays intersect to a variable center?

Say that the lines each originate from a corner of the canvas/selection and head towards the center.

Then using the IndirectUI you can choose where that center is.

At least that's how it seems to me...

Anyone more 'code knowing' think that something like this could be done?

i think thats exactly what it is with just a movable point(not nececaly a dot could just be a point like you said) and just like you i know nothing about coding(well i know a little(the three ending lines must be } at the points where they are ) :D

section8.png

that would be kinda cool, but vanishing points change for every prospective, and are quite easy to draw in, personally even if there was a plugin i probally wouldnt use it, cus im just used to either drawing it first with my sketch of just eye balling it. but great thought.

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

Ed, that's pretty hot.

Before I started reading the thread here, I was imagining some sort of plugin that operated along the same notion as Rotate/Zoom, but would allow you to input options such as number/location of vanishing points, horizon - something like that old perspective worksheet you'd make in 7th grade:

1200851429_tblogpinkheader.png

And then, maybe, the plugin would let you cram an object surrounded by transparent pixels into the vanishing point guidelines you choose. I hadn't really thought about the difficulties involved, huh? Very tricky.

Ed's plugin wasn't what I expected, but it definitely adds something that I probably will use every time I open paint.

Thanks.

1223994961_newstonesoup.png

... I should have been a pair of ragged claws ... - T.S. Eliot

Taboo Monkey Blue Blog: Writing on Writing - Sudoku Tips and Tricks - The Greatest Maze

• 8 months later...

Have you tried using Layers > Rotate/Zoom? Perspective is included in Paint.NET out-of-the-"box."

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Try using "clone stamp" to remove them.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Clone stamp isn't a plugin. It's included with Paint.NET out-of-the-"box." Go to searchpaint.net and look for "clone stamp" to find out how to use it. :-)